Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does your DH help you? >

Does your DH help you?

Does your DH help you?

Old 02-08-2011, 04:43 AM

He made my sewing room and pays for all my toys for it.. Even if I hesitate to buy something new he will encourage me... He has never said no... When I said this cutting table is junk, I need to have new one built ~ that is good and solid and give me deeping sewing area he grabbed drafting pad and and designed it as I wanted and I scanned and sent off to my friend to make me new one... He is very supportive....That is the best help!! :-D
Old 02-08-2011, 04:51 AM

Mine helps by picking up the slack with grocery shopping and cooking. He also helps out when I need something made (more shelving, things hung, my side table for quilting). He is also a doll and goes to quilt shows and quilt stores with me.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:09 AM

Seems like my DH has the same helpful ways as the majority of all of yours, cooking and helping with colors.
He is retired and I still work outside the home, so he also does the laundry and most of the shopping and at least the surface cleaning, not to mention most of the errands. NEVER complains and always encourages me. How did we get so lucky?
I was feeling a little deficient because I was challenged by color coordination, now I realize how many of you get help and I don't feel as bad. Once in awhile he goes off the deepend, but usually has a good eye for the colors.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:20 AM

Mine just helped me "redo" my sewing room. Put up lights, painted...he's a keeper.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:22 AM

He is the "best" at color selction, I take him with me to the fabric store all the time, he also does all my ripping out, I hate that task!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:23 AM

Yes, he does help!! He helps with getting the batting and backing together, especially when I need 6 hands instead of only 2. :-P
Old 02-08-2011, 05:31 AM

My dh provides valuable input into color placement and selection. He also helps out with building cutting and ironing tools. He loves sewing machines, will shop for them and find their mechanics real interesting. I couldn't do without him when it comes to geometry, I have challenges when it comes to angles, degrees, that stuff in so difficult for me. He's a precious resource for my quilting success!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:38 AM

My guy make me wall hangers to put my wall hangings on.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:39 AM

My husband does not help in the sewing room except to give encouragment. And he never says anything about what I spend on fabric or anything that has to do with quilting, and he goes with me to quilting festivals and never complains about how much time I spend in a store. So I consider that helping me
Old 02-08-2011, 05:49 AM

My husband does cook, but if he knew it helped with my quilting he'd probably stop! Sometimes I feel like he resents every minute I'm in my sewing room. You that have husbands that help or encourage you are VERY lucky! Count your blessings!