Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does your DH help you? >

Does your DH help you?

Does your DH help you?

Old 02-08-2011, 05:56 AM

I have to say my DH is great about helping make things for me, like large ironing board, design wall, templates. He is not that good with color but is great with math and helps with that. He is interested in long arm machine and may make a frame for one. He can fix machines and good with the computer when I need help.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:00 AM

You ladies are so lucky. Mine doesn't help me with anything. I mean anything
Old 02-08-2011, 06:03 AM

Of course mine helps..but not in the since of cutting or color...he doesn't complain about my fabric stashing..he buys me new machines as they come out...matter of fact he is trying to talk me into purchasing a new Bernina 830..I have one thats only 2 years old but we were in the quilt shop the other day and saw the new LE...he said get it..I didn't so he called her when we got home and talked to her about my trade in....so sure he helps all the time...its just in how you look at it...and when he needs help in his shop I go out and lift motors and plows and snowbloweres and mower decks....its a fair trade...he doesn't complain and neither do I...blessings
Old 02-08-2011, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
No that would mean a different kind of marriage. So no husband to help. Looking for a newer wife to help out tho.
lol! btw, love all your avatars, especially this one.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:06 AM

He doesn't help, except sometimes I ask him for advice on colors, and he's always ready with an honest opinion. He absolutely loves every quilt I make, thinks I don't charge enough if I sell one, and when I make one for a gift, always says we should keep it and I should make another one to give! Lol
Old 02-08-2011, 06:09 AM

mine goes with me to Joann's and looks around while i pick fabric. Sometimes he helps with selection and quanity. he 'll say "you might as well get enough to start with" or" are you sure that's enough". he will put up pegboardif i ask.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:14 AM

Mine doesn't help with anything to do with quilting. But he does praise me with whatever I'm working on and is so sweet and encouraging when I struggle with something I am having trouble with. He's my biggest fan. He cooks or gets takeout and lets me quilt.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:27 AM

Yes my DH does help me when he feels like it. I cut and he sews for me and boy does that help me out a lot. He never fusses about my buy fabric, so he is a real keeper.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:28 AM

With 9 grandchildren I make a kot of every day quilts for them---I tie them so they can be really used and washed----so, my DH ties all the knots. I have RA and my fingers are very bad so this is a big help. He does it while watching TV at night.
BTW, when the kids reach 12 years old I make them a real hand quilted quilt. In the meantime I've usually made them each 2 or 3 others.
Happy sewing, Kutnso
Old 02-08-2011, 06:30 AM

Mine helps me by never complaining when dinner is late or the house is a mess because I have spent my precious time at home quilting rather than attending to those things!