Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does your DH help you? >

Does your DH help you?

Does your DH help you?

Old 02-08-2011, 10:16 AM

My hubby has a great eye for color and coordinates prints well.. It helps me to make him feel part of the projects and he doesn't feel like I am isolating him.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:51 AM

My DH is my biggest fan and encourager. He is the one who encouraged me to buy the longarm machine. He does all my frogging, and he cuts squares with the rotary cutter. He wants to be involved in everything I do, sometimes to a fault. He has sewed a couple of baby quilts together, and even quilted one on the longarm, although he didn't like his results and hasn't tried it again.
He is a "jack of all trades," doing a lot of the work on my new sewing room and all kinds of other projects around the house. He cooks, and he does windows! I praise God for putting him in my life 8 years ago!!! I am royally spoiled!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:19 AM

Well mine doesn't just help me, he is also a member of my quilt group and he has made more quilts then I have since our group started. He made 6 of them for Christmas gifts to our daughters and his brother and sister. I do help him and cut out his pieces but he sews them up himself. He has even made one for our senior center to raffle off to raise money for our center. I love the idea of him doing it. Since he joined I get to buy more fabric without him saying "You need to use what you got first" LOL as if that is ever going to happen.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Vat

Mine has started helping me clean house some, and that is a BIG help. He also helps me pack the car when I am leaving for a retreat. He also paid for my retreat for my birthday. Love him.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:06 PM

He doesn't help out, but I do ask him what he thinks of my latest projects. He has a scientific brain so it helps me get a different perspective.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:11 PM

Yes, it is...he thought it was funny when we were setting up my tool board! You could be right, that might be why he leaves me alone, lol.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:17 PM

My DH will help with color selections, but usually stays in the car. Although, he does like to do the driving when there is a shop hop & when there are only a few of us girls going. He doesn't like a full van full of chatter. Ha Ha.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:18 PM

Mine encourages me to spend time quilting and he also does all the cooking. . . and food shopping and how nice is that
Old 02-08-2011, 12:32 PM

Oh my goodness......

I am one of the luckiest girls in the whole world. My sweetheart has made me cubbies for my fabric, made a wonderfully long and tall table for cutting, rearranged my (now) sewing room just to fit it all in, and doesnt care a bit about how much time or money I spend in quilting. I made him his first quilt, and he loves it....and now he looks at the magazines I receive to se if he is drawn to a particular quilt.
He doesnt cut fabric or do anything like that, but will cook and even help with vacuuming, if I ask really nice.... :P :P
Old 02-08-2011, 12:34 PM

Help or not, I would'nt trade him for any other. He leaves me alone when I need to be alone, he is there when I want company. We are married 60 years, and over the years have learned how to help each other, or not.