Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you actually have sewing studio/room >

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

Old 02-10-2011, 07:03 AM

I do. Have a bedroom 10x10 for most of everything in there and it's full running out of room. But I have my ironing table in another room the office.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:04 AM

My whole house is a sewing space :lol: . One bedroom is a dedicated sewing room but I also have machines set up in the living room and dining room with the computer and extra fabric and books in a second bedroom. I live alone and am taking advantage of that by doing what I want to do. At the moment I have 6 vintage machines in cabinets in the living room and dining room and am seriously considering getting rid of the large sofa to make room for more that are currently residing in my shed. Those darned machines just keep following me home!!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:10 AM

We have a partlly finished basement. The room that should be a family room is my sewing room, it's big enough, but overflow goes into the two bedrooms that are done. No kids at home, but when they visit I have to clear off the beds so they can sleep.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:12 AM

I have a small room that use to be a bedroom, I use it now for my sewing room, which I love because I can go in there and work on my quilting and leave everything laying out if I want to. But I was like a lot of others useing my kitchen table for a really long time. I am really thankful for my little sewing room, I will try and post pictures when i figure out how to do it.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:17 AM

I have a room that is mine but it also has a bed in it for guests.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:24 AM

My dear hubby suggested one day about 4 years ago that we should build a room off from the house for my quilting. I have a four hundred square foot room that is all mine. I also have a HQ16 long arm in the room staying nice and warm this winter due to the heavy insulation......Tons of fabric.LOL
Old 02-10-2011, 07:27 AM

My "studio" is a 9 x 9 spare bedroom that houses my sewing cabinet with its Mega Quilter, IKEA storage units for material, notions, my old Kenmore sewing machine, a Singer Featherweight, patterns, etc. My treadmill, the two guitars (my husband's and my granddaughter's) hang on the wall, the music stand sits someplace...and the music is kept in one drawer of the storage units, the ironing board is squeezed in there, oh, and there is a tall metal stand to hold the little TV for sewing company and use with the treadmill. There is no place to do my major cutting...that get's done on the kitchen table! Someday I'd love a place for a cutting table but we live in a very small house and I'm lucky I have the "multi-purpose" room!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:28 AM

When we designed our house 30+ years ago we included a sewing room for me. Now that my children are grown I have moved into their playroom and that, too, is overflowing with my 'stuff'. It is nice to just close the door and not have to pick up things when I have to stop sewing, etc for the day.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Power Poster

When we built our house one of the main reasons I picked this house plan was because the 5th bedroom was going to be my sewing room. It measures 16' x 20' and is on the backside of the house (about 30' off the ground) so I have a view of the preserve area with lots of trees and hills. Sewing in this room is so inspiring because it set up like I want with internet, cable TV (DRV included), and all my fabric (except for the stash in the other bedroom closet - Shh don't tell my husband).
Old 02-10-2011, 07:38 AM

Yes for Christmas My DH built me a 14 x 24 sewing building. I love it, I am still getting things put together.