Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Meet Bailey, our new family member >

Meet Bailey, our new family member

Meet Bailey, our new family member

Old 02-10-2011, 08:17 AM

Now to get him "chew" trained... I never was able to get our last puppy chew trained...
he chewed the feathers and veiling off a hat I got from my mother... fortunately the hat wasn't damaged... but i can't find Navy hat veiling that he destroyed along with the feathers... i did find a new feather and put that on...
he also chewed on the wood parts of our furniture...
it didn't matter that he had tons of chew toys and chew bones....
The sad part is that he was hit by the mail truck when he got out of the yard ...
Old 02-10-2011, 08:52 AM
BMP

The only type of chew toys we could find that he couldnt destroy in 5 minutes are the brand name KONG.You can find them just about any where now. He had several you can put treats in them and it keeps them very busy !!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:40 AM

He is a cutie. We have had several rescue dogs as well as puppies from a shelter. They certainly add to the household.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:40 AM

What a cutie!! A great testimonial to how much Jake meant to your family!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:50 AM

How cute! He's adorable!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:57 AM

Gorgeous pup! The labs are so trainable! Enjoy him!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by mypatookis
6 weeks ago, we had to say goodbye to our Golden, Jake. Our house was SO empty... I miss him something terrible, and will forever... Meet Bailey... our new black lab. He is 16 weeks old and just adorable! He is not Jake, to be sure, but there is once again the pitter patter of paws in our house and I am happy. Sure hope I can get through this puppy stage without losing my mind!! :shock: He IS house trained, so that helps multitudes!!
He is a Handsome pup. I too am looking for a dog to love. I will be babysitting my granddaughters and their new puppy tomorrow.It is going to be a lot of fun.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:54 AM

So sorry to hear about Jake, but the look on Bailey's face does make you smile. Have fun and enjoy his endless love.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:00 PM

He is handsome.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:39 PM

Thank you all for your warm thoughts and hugs for Jake. He was my baby dog. I bought two Kong toys and a pull toy for Bailey today. I had two memory teddy bears (one made from clothing of my Mom's...the other made from clothing of my Dad's) sitting on my dresser. I must have been sleeping really hard as I didn't even wake up when my husband turned on the light. I SO didn't sleep the first night he was here. I wanted to be able to get up quickly if he needed to do his thing. :wink: He not only got up and got the teddy bears down, but he pulled shoes out of the closet. Actually he's house trained pretty well...as far as pottying goes. The lady who had him before us was beginning to train him to hit the dangling bell on the door when he wanted out. We showed him a few times and he'll do it now. He doesn't mess in the house during the night (I'm sure there will be an accident or two) and has been terrific during the day. The chewing is going to drive me nuts!! :shock: Hard to get used to after having old dogs for so long. But he sure keeps me going! :D In the past, we have had 4 goldens and 2 chocolates. Thought about a smaller dog... but just couldn't do it.