Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Blocks of the Orient - Signup CLOSED >

Blocks of the Orient - Signup CLOSED

Blocks of the Orient - Signup CLOSED

Old 02-09-2011, 08:03 PM

My post office is fine.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:17 PM

Deb - If you go to USPS website the bubble envelopes that are the newoption for FRE that are not available at the post office - are available online. You can order 5/10 or 15 of them and they will be sent to you at no charge. These are supposed to be the new option for mailing things other than documents in an envelope. I believe the shipping cost is still $4.95. I have ordered one set of 10 of these padded envelopes. They should be here in the next day or so - I will let you know when I get them and what the shipping details are. FYI - anyone with online access can go to USPS website - set up an account - and order these padded FRE for free. Hope this helps!
Chris
Old 02-09-2011, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
MistyMarie,
just send a private message to Deb Watkins and she will add you to the list.....did you go to the 1st page and read the guidelines? I can't wait to see your blocks. Don't forget to post a picture before you send them on to Deb.

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
I would like to do this. Sign me up!!!!
I did. I am going to be making my blocks this weekend. I was planning on PMing as soon as I had fabric and was ready to go.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:31 PM

I sent fabric out a couple days ago for a swap and my postmaster says $4.95 for what I can put in the envelope and it is not just for documents. So my thought is...I will continue to do it this way through the PO. She has been postmaster for many, many years.
Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Ladies, this flat rate envelope issue with the post office is really getting my German/Irish ire up. I have been assured by my PO that she will accept the envelopes as I have been mailing them in all past swaps. Some of you have reported that your PO will not take them for mailing, yet there was a post from a Postal worker a week or so ago that stated that the Flat rate envelopes were acceptable for swaps and should be accepted, that the FRE were not just for documents. So, before you start mailing your blocks with the return envelope, we need to come to a concensus as to how this should be handled. One option is to use the tyvek Priority mail envelopes, they are priced by address and weight. I know that I can get 4 sets (if I need to), but I can't give you a solid price. The problem is that without a confirmed price, the host most often ends up paying the additional postage and there are some who do not honor the generosity of the hostess. I have to say that I have had many who (apparently knowing this) have sent extra $$ because of this. Very nice on their part, but again, not their responsibility either. So, this being said, I have not had any problem shipping with the flat rate envelope of $4.95....so far, because according to MY PO, if it fits, it ships. So.....please give me your thoughts.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:51 AM

I picked up fre yesterday there was no problem maybe if those having problems can use a different po to send them. Deb do we send them in a larger package to you with the fre in the package with the shipping paid for you to send them back to us?I am doing 3 sets so I was going to put thEm in a small box with 2 fre with postage. On them to return to me. Is this ok?
Old 02-10-2011, 05:35 AM

Crafty, I can get two sets in one FLE. You can send them to me anyway your po accepts them, just put two FRE with $4.95 on both of them. I will actually split your three sets into two envelopes.
I guess it is up to you as to how you want to ship to me, as previously mentioned, MY PO will take the FRE at $4.95 with no problem.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:31 AM

Feb. 8th I took my 2 sets to the PO and he helped me put them into a FRE, sd if it closes and seales, it ships. He is always very helpful. Deb I didn't put an evelope in my pkg. but did put a return label and postage. (sorry I forgot the envelope).
Old 02-10-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by gamnet
Feb. 8th I took my 2 sets to the PO and he helped me put them into a FRE, sd if it closes and seales, it ships. He is always very helpful. Deb I didn't put an evelope in my pkg. but did put a return label and postage. (sorry I forgot the envelope).
I can take care of the envelope, just as long as I have the return label and postage......not a problem! So, here we go with a PO that will stand by the "fits/ships" statement.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins
Crafty, I can get two sets in one FLE. You can send them to me anyway your po accepts them, just put two FRE with $4.95 on both of them. I will actually split your three sets into two envelopes.
I guess it is up to you as to how you want to ship to me, as previously mentioned, MY PO will take the FRE at $4.95 with no problem.
Thanks for the info.I will probably put them in a box to you. I got extra envelopes do you want me to send them to you? So you have them on hand?
Old 02-10-2011, 04:10 PM

I have envelopes, but feel free to send them along if you want.