Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does your DH help you? >

Does your DH help you?

Does your DH help you?

Old 02-10-2011, 07:24 AM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

Mine has helped with all but the cutting and sewing. He's colorblind, but I use that to my advantage... sometimes I'll have 12 fabrics, and he'll see one out of order in the sequence... jumps out at him like a rattlesnake! He runs for supplies, have him trained at LQS pretty well, he knows the diff between a bobbin thread & topstitch thread! :)

Has gotten down on the floor with me to safetypin a quilt if I'm pressed on time... gotta love & keep mine...
Old 02-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Banned

husb helps me with cutting /measuring as I am useless.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:14 AM

mine helps by letting me know that i am doing a good job on whatever i am working and he always tells me that no matter what it does not have to be perfect in any way thats what makes it special to the person or persons you give it to
Old 02-10-2011, 10:56 AM

My husband is a painting decorating contractor and has a great color sense. Right now I have a Yellow Brick Road quilt on my design wall and he is helping mix and align all the blocks. Sometimes my tendency to want balance too much gets in the way of the design. He is a great help and gives me positive reinforcement all the time.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:03 PM

I'm a newbie at quilting...but I have a wonderful supportive husband. He sees my passion for quilting and encourages me, he cooks dinners (we trade off on this duty), he'll do laundry...but he insists on loading the dishwasher! Seems I can't seem to do that right! He's helped buy storage shelves and helped set up my room. He helps me lay out my blocks so we can see what pattern to sew up. He sees things I can't see in the patterns. He and I share the duty of helping our granddaughter with homework (both semi-retired teachers and she lives with us) I guess he knows if momma is happy...everyone is happy.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:25 PM

My DH helps in many ways,,,,, housework, cooking, errands, building shelves etc,, anything I need. But when it comes to cutting fabric or doing any stitching,,, I prefer he stay out that. He builds r/c model airplanes so that keeps him busy.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

not at all, not even with housework or repairs but he does work 7 days a week and cooks maby once every one or two months. He's still a good guy.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:39 PM

Mine helps by falling asleep in his chair. My hobby aggravates him for some reason.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:17 PM

Just last night my husband helped me pin-baste my quilt...and since it was my first time it was quite a project. But since I had his help I am now ready to start machine quilting...after I practice on some muslin with my new stencils.