Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you actually have sewing studio/room >

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

Old 02-10-2011, 04:19 PM

I do. The front bedroom was repainted when #2 son and granddaughter moved into their own home. I can leave it as messy or neat as I choose. No one goes into it but me. I have a small television and wall to wall closet with double doors.

Nana Julie...we have several things in common. I am a Julie. Granddaughter calls me Nana. I live in Georgia. My oldest son went to school at North Georgia in Dahlonega. We must be related!
Old 02-10-2011, 04:29 PM

We lived in an apartment and I shared a very small guest room with my dh's desk. We moved into our new house last June. I have a large sewing room in the finished basement. It is all mine. We also have a family room, full bath, and his desk down there. So he is close by, but not in my space. :)
Old 02-10-2011, 04:30 PM

I have my own room. I hesitate to call it a studio. It was the 2nd guest bedroom. We rarely used it in that capacity, so I gave my daughter the bed and now it is MY sewing room. There is a heavy table to cut fabric on and another table for the machine. Also, various shelves for storage. I just leave the door closed if I'm not in there (to hide the mess)Don't really miss the bedroom, we have plenty of couches!
Old 02-10-2011, 04:34 PM

I do, it is a small room in the house that is my sewing room, just my sewing stuff is in it, but it is by no means a 'studio'. The ironing board is always out, fabric, books and magazine piled everywhere, have my computer in here and misc. stuff. Good thing this room has a door so it can be shut when needed. I find it is also a catch-all when a quick straightening up is required, like company coming in 10 min.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:36 PM

I have one. It's small and doubles as the guest bedroom since it has a Murphy bed on one wall. I have it set up so that it's easy to just move my sewing table and cutting table out if we get overnight company. That doesn't happen too often though so usually I can still make a pretty good mess in there :lol:
Old 02-10-2011, 04:36 PM

I have a 12 X 20 storage building in the back yard and it is all mine so can work and just walk out and not worry about mess but maybe that is not good because do not have to clean very often. Has big door and window with lots of light built in work table and I love it out there. I live with my DS & DIL so have 2 rooms in house and my building lost my husband 3 years ago quit my part time job a year ago and so just do what I want when I want. I am just enjoy life.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:37 PM

I sew in an office/exercise/sewing room over the garage. I need to clean and rearrange before my quilt frame gets here.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:37 PM

I have a dedicated room for my sewing/quilting and it is full to the brim! At the moment I have ten 4+drawers rolling storage carts and 35 stackables...all filled. It seems that every time I get the room organized and neat, I pull out 1, 2, or 3 projects and the room is back to messy all over again! At least the containers are labeled by color or category. That helps. The built-in shelves hold all of my books and those magazines I just can't make myself throw away. My husband doesn't understand why I need to buy more fabric, but I know you folks can relate.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:38 PM

I do. It is a small bedroom but it is full of my quilting and craft supplies. And of course my fabric stash :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-10-2011, 04:38 PM

Marion in the matchbox,that's me.