Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting Software-which do you use >

Quilting Software-which do you use

Quilting Software-which do you use

Old 02-10-2011, 06:16 PM

I didn't see it either so I sent an email, and they responded to check it out here but as you can see, the price in the cart is 151.96 and then more fo the shipping so I don't know how others got a cheaper quote.
http://www.quiltinaday.com/shoponlin...ay.asp?i=28132
Helen
Old 02-10-2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by BKrenning
Originally Posted by stitchofclass2
Originally Posted by amma
I use Electric Quilt, EQ, and I love it!
You can draw a block/quilt, add in photos, applique, borders w/without blocks. So many different applications within the program.
I can print out templates, foundations, rotary cutting guides and fabric requirements.
The only thing it does not do, is give you instructions on how to construct the blocks/quilts you design. :D:D:D
Excuse me, Amma, does this program work on Macintosh? Thanks. Yolanda Wood River
To use EQ (Electric Quilt) on a Mac, you'll need to run it in an emulator program. Quilt Pro (QP) has a Mac version & a Windows version.
Thank you so much!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:25 PM

Started with EQ1 and upgraded every time. I am currently using EQ6. I am self taught. Never had a class :-(
Old 02-10-2011, 06:55 PM

You are a wiz at EQ then. I have EQ3 and have never been able to use it. This is why I never upgraded.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Roseysue
I just found out that Ouilt in a day/Paducah has Electric Quilt 7 on sale for $132.97 plus shipping.

Shipping to CA (here) would be $9.34 FEDEX ground, so let's here it about EQ 7!

This sale goes till FEB 11.
I purchased EQ7 last fall. Have used it some with my Farmers Wife Sampler quilt. Then I moved and haven't really got everything setup yet. But I did the same, I asked the question here, and then I went from there. Purchased EQ7 for about $150.00. So you are getting a deal. Would love to design on it. Hopefully in the future.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Roseysue

I just found out that Ouilt in a day/Paducah has Electric Quilt 7 on sale for $132.97 plus shipping.

Shipping to CA (here) would be $9.34 FEDEX ground, so let's here it about EQ 7!

This sale goes till FEB 11.

I called Wednesday and in fact EQ7 was on sale for $132.97 plus tax (CA) and FEDEX Ground shipping ($9.34).
I ordered it since there has been such a positive response and this was too hard to pass by.

When I ordered it, there were two left.
I don't know if they were going to get more in or not, but if anyone is interested, I would suggest a phone call to Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day/Peducah, Kentucky early tomorrow since there might be a slim chance to still get it.

I don't know, so please don't expect that they still have them at that price.

I don't know the regular price is, but I understand that this one is really good.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:08 PM

I have EQ7 I got as Christmas gift. I am still going through the lessons to learn how to use it and what you can do. Looking forward to knowing enough to do my own designs.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I use Electric Quilt, EQ, and I love it!
You can draw a block/quilt, add in photos, applique, borders w/without blocks. So many different applications within the program.
I can print out templates, foundations, rotary cutting guides and fabric requirements.
The only thing it does not do, is give you instructions on how to construct the blocks/quilts you design. :D:D:D
That is a draw back to me. Sometimes I'd like a little help with the construction. I can usually figure it out, but it takes a lot longer.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:06 AM

I called EB yesterday about the price and the sale is over. Still, $151 + isn't too bad, list is $190.

If you want to upgrade from EQ5, which I have, if you submit the serial number to EQ, they offer a jump upgrade to EQ7 for about $150 also.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:04 AM

I have EQ7 and love it. There is soo much a person can do. But I limit myself because between this board and EQ7 and quilting I wouldn't be able to get any sleep!! The program has helped me a lot to try colors on a quilt and the variety of blocks etc is amazing.