Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011 >

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

Old 02-01-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
EUREKA!!!

As I expected, the templates do not all print at 100% of the size they're supposed to be. the problem is with Template A.

if you are using Internet Explorer, do the following:

From the Menu select "File"
Select "Print Preview"

You should see something similar to the menu options in the picture below.

Change "Shrink to Fit" to 100%
Change the page orientation to Landscape

the whole image should now appear in the print preview AND it will print in the proper size.
your instructions worked perfect for the church pattern but this time it cut off the roof part of the pattern..am I doing something wrong?
Old 02-02-2011, 07:54 AM

Go to page setup and reduce the margins to as low as they go, hopefully this will make it all fit. It worked for me on Internet Explorer.

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Originally Posted by PatriceJ
EUREKA!!!

As I expected, the templates do not all print at 100% of the size they're supposed to be. the problem is with Template A.

if you are using Internet Explorer, do the following:

From the Menu select "File"
Select "Print Preview"

You should see something similar to the menu options in the picture below.

Change "Shrink to Fit" to 100%
Change the page orientation to Landscape

the whole image should now appear in the print preview AND it will print in the proper size.
your instructions worked perfect for the church pattern but this time it cut off the roof part of the pattern..am I doing something wrong?
Old 02-06-2011, 06:28 PM

Candi,
Thank you so much for your help in figuring out this printer situation. Everyone who helps, means so much to every member on this board!! Thank you Everyone.
:D :D :D :D
Old 02-09-2011, 05:52 AM

Sulabug - these are so cool! I cannot wait to the rest. I stand in awe with you guys!~! I am still working on the simple stuff and struggling with it. T love the house idea!
Old 02-10-2011, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Hope2quilt
Sulabug - these are so cool! I cannot wait to the rest. I stand in awe with you guys!~! I am still working on the simple stuff and struggling with it. T love the house idea!
We would Love to have you join us, making these house blocks for this year's Block of the Month!! :thumbup: Keep on working on what you are doing & before you know it, you will be making these blocks, too!!
Old 02-12-2011, 09:55 AM

I just printed Feb. block. It printed correctly! I wasted so much paper on Jan. I expected problems again. But then I looked, really looked at the pattern. I just might have to bow out of Feb. I don't THINK I will be able to accomplish this while maintaining my sanity. I'll try it BUT.... I place high standards and expectations on myself. But physically I don't think I can. I will try, because I always say "how do you know you can't do it, when you don't try it" If I was physically capable, I would do one until it was completed. Wish me luck and I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by hheelleenn
I just printed Feb. block. It printed correctly! I wasted so much paper on Jan. I expected problems again. But then I looked, really looked at the pattern. I just might have to bow out of Feb. I don't THINK I will be able to accomplish this while maintaining my sanity. I'll try it BUT.... I place high standards and expectations on myself. But physically I don't think I can. I will try, because I always say "how do you know you can't do it, when you don't try it" If I was physically capable, I would do one until it was completed. Wish me luck and I'll let you know how it goes.
Here's "WISHING YOU LUCK"!! :thumbup: You might just surprise yourself & finish it!! Do let us know how things are coming along as we will be waiting to hear. I know you can do it!!
Old 02-12-2011, 10:15 AM

Good luck. I did mine almost one section, a day, at a time. It was a slow process, but it saved my sanity!
Old 02-12-2011, 10:19 AM

I wish you luck too but we do expect so much of ourselves. I see mistakes that others do not see. A paper piecing teacher once said, she will rip it out twice and it stays the third time. She really helped me to be able to let little flaws go. I now do that with my piecing work too. I still do not like to leave imperfections in my sewing but it helps me to move on and be able to complete projects. I am so glad I met her.
Jean
Old 02-12-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by LoriH
Good luck. I did mine almost one section, a day, at a time. It was a slow process, but it saved my sanity!
This is so true. A little a a time is good. I may go back and do another farmhouse to get rid of the errors.

Another thought is that we should do projects that are really difficult for us. It's important to get out of the "comfort zone" to really learn. If we just do stuff that is easy or that we can do "perfectly," we won't advance in art. That is -- if it is the intention to go forward to more complex and difficult work. Just a thought-- for what it's worth.