Just wanna say thanks....

Old 02-12-2011, 02:39 AM

oh yes I do want to say thanks for all the info, the advice given to me as well this past few months, I like my friends here!

Grann6 you have family here, so don't leave us out, we can give you a boost too. hugs from me to you

Happy Valentine!
Old 02-12-2011, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter
oh yes I do want to say thanks for all the info, the advice given to me as well this past few months, I like my friends here!

Grann6 you have family here, so don't leave us out, we can give you a boost too. hugs from me to you

Happy Valentine!
Thank you Psycho mom. Everyone was a big help to me. I know my DDIL understands how I feel, not so sure the others remember, but why should they; it's not THEIR anniversary. We always combined anniversary and Valentines Day together to celebrate. He always got me a box of chocolates, and every time he said he forgot I couldn't eat it. I always teased him that he really got it for himself knowing I couldn't eat it. Anyway Happy Valentines Day to everyone here.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:55 AM

I know how hard these "remembrance days" are. We lost our grandson at age 14 and my sister was recently widowed. They are different kinds of mourning. With the death of a spouse, there is the helper/companion missing. They do so much for us that we take for granted until they are gone. I have learned to value my husband much more since my sister became a widow, but I will tell you something. So many people today have horrible relationships with their husbands, have nothing but cruel words with them and hate being married. Your marriage sounds like it was strong and happy. As difficult as it is, try to focus on the beauty of it and how you were blessed. That is all that has saved my sanity after losing my grandson. It doesn't come easily and it doesn't come right away, but to honor them, we must be positive and thankful for what we had with them as long as we had it. Some people get NOTHING near to what we've had. You and I have been blessed to have had them in our lives...........and you WILL be together again :wink: , you WILL!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Nolee
I know how hard these "remembrance days" are. We lost our grandson at age 14 and my sister was recently widowed. They are different kinds of mourning. With the death of a spouse, there is the helper/companion missing. They do so much for us that we take for granted until they are gone. I have learned to value my husband much more since my sister became a widow, but I will tell you something. So many people today have horrible relationships with their husbands, have nothing but cruel words with them and hate being married. Your marriage sounds like it was strong and happy. As difficult as it is, try to focus on the beauty of it and how you were blessed. That is all that has saved my sanity after losing my grandson. It doesn't come easily and it doesn't come right away, but to honor them, we must be positive and thankful for what we had with them as long as we had it. Some people get NOTHING near to what we've had. You and I have been blessed to have had them in our lives...........and you WILL be together again :wink: , you WILL!!!
Thank you for your kind comments. You are so right in everything you say. My husband and I had the "typical" marriage, some rough times and mostly good times. But the last 5 years of his life was tough battling with the "killer". We knew what was coming and had plenty of time to plan. My dad died suddenly of a heart attack when I was 18, he was 49. I watched my mother go into a deep depression that she never really overcame for the next 30 years. I made up my mind then that I would be strong for whatever came to me in life. And I hope I have been a good example for my kids.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:31 AM

Thanks for sharing your experiences on how you "handled" your anniversary. You gave many of us a good lesson on how to see life's little and long events and then how to cope with these as they come. Our hearts go out to you with admiration, partly because you gave all of us a chance to express some understanding and appreciation. Blessings to you.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:31 AM

Grann,
I wish you a happy anniversary. I was so close to my 50th and my dh passed away. I feel like I still recognize my anniversary as I feel he is still with me.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Nanjun
Grann,
I wish you a happy anniversary. I was so close to my 50th and my dh passed away. I feel like I still recognize my anniversary as I feel he is still with me.
They are still with us. Mine has been gone nearly 14 years, but I still wear my wedding rings and celebrate our anniversary and his birthday. Just because they are gone doesn't mean they are forgotten.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:20 AM

you will never be alone when you have friends, all the best, and good luck
Old 02-12-2011, 10:39 AM

God Bless!! I know the feeling. With Valentine's Day coming, which was my husband's favorite holiday, things are really hard. It has been 2 years but you know they would want us to "pull up our boot straps" and continue on. Buy your self some chocolate and enjoy. I know I will be.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:48 AM

Here's wishing you a Happy Day. Glad you are able to celebrate everything that means so much to you.