Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The Big UFO Challenge >

The Big UFO Challenge

The Big UFO Challenge

Old 01-04-2009, 06:20 PM

RATS, I thought I'd created a new acronymn! hehe

oh well, I'm sending all these tops to the long arm quilter anyway. SO Technically I'm finished with them. Hum.......

I Don't like UFO's
Old 01-05-2009, 04:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gigi2landon
RATS, I thought I'd created a new acronymn! hehe

oh well, I'm sending all these tops to the long arm quilter anyway. SO Technically I'm finished with them. Hum.......

I Don't like UFO's
:lol: :lol:
Old 01-05-2009, 12:37 PM

Boston 1954, PIGS are Projects In Grocery Sacks! Purchased and planned but not yet started! My sewing room is very porky!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:10 PM

I finished my ugly quilt and my niece's quilt. I have 1 more- don't care for it, so I'm ignoring it.

I won't start anything without finishing it. no more wips/ufos for me!

Barbm
Old 01-06-2009, 12:28 AM

I got mine done, but have been waiting for my sis to take a digital pic so I can get it posted. Thanks for the challenge because who knows when I would have finished it. It was started to take to meetings to work on and it never worked out that I could work on it. I got sidetracked by Christmas but hustled after Christmas to finish it.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by bj
I'm finishing mine right now. It was a BOM at the LQS and I just got the last block. I have the top all put together, but I haven't got it sandwiched and quilted. I think I'm going to order a fatback instead of piecing the back. Or I may just get some muslin for the back. I hate piecing the backs! And it will give me a really nice piece of fabric to use from something else. :) :) Win, win...right?
:oops: OK, so what's a "fatback"?
Old 01-09-2009, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
I finished my ugly quilt and my niece's quilt. I have 1 more- don't care for it, so I'm ignoring it.

I won't start anything without finishing it. no more wips/ufos for me!

Barbm
OK, Barb, can we hold you to that? :lol:
Old 01-09-2009, 03:52 AM

Yep I got all 6 of the granddaughters quilts made for Christmas!!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:16 AM

I was a late starter on the UFO projects:))I started in November:0)I have 3 done!! And, just a few left. I am going to keep going until even my projects that I have stashed fabrics for are done:))So, at the end of this year I will be so saaaad about the lack of projects, I will have to do it again:))That buying and stacking thing:))I still have 3 BOM's that I need to catch up...detailed ones:))I did finish 2 of my other ones. If I had that amazing quilting machine w/frame here, I just know I could keep caught up:))LOL Don't you think?!! I'm just sure of it!:))Skeat.........who had to turn my head and hold it that direction w/my hand when asked by my LQS if I wanted to do the black and white and 30's BOM!! I soooo could...:))but, didn't!Pulled myself out of that store scratching and scream'n out the door;)
Old 01-09-2009, 08:00 AM

funny Gail :) I will do my best to stick to that goal!

I made a list of projects for the year. I have 11 "Must do", 2 "if I have to", 5 wips- stuff I cut out but didn't like so I set aside, this includes the 2 I am working on right now- can that be classified as UFO?, hmmmm. Then I have the list of 5- "whenever, they haven't asked lately" projects I have the fabric for but haven't started.

It's supposed to snow tomorrow- 3 to 6 inches. I figure I can finish the 2 I'm working on and sandwich and quilt 2 wips. That will make a lot of stuff crossed off the list. Cool.

My goal is to FINISH this list by March. A lot of them I know I can do easily, but need to find the time. (Gosh- I certainly hope people stop having babies, too- that messes up the project list- j/k)