Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-13-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Today I weighed in I was disappointed I was doing so good the right amount of calories, pilates 4 days a week what went wrong. Then I remember someone had a link to a girl that exercised and took pictures even though she wasn't dropping alot of weight you could see the difference in her weekly pic. I could see the difference in me. My stomch started right under my chest and it POPPED out it didn't look that way today or actually the last few days. I measured on the 1st soo I measured again today. Now my hips when I look at me look the same I have the darn fat the hangs and that measurment didn't chnage but are you ready for this????????????

On the first my waist was 39 1/2" today my waist is 38" I lost an entire 1 1/2" in 2 weeks YYYYYYYIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPEE!!
:shock: :-D That's fantastic! Keep up the good work!
Old 02-13-2011, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by remclave

That sounds delicious! Is there a recipe that doesn't use flour? I and wheat don't get along.
I would replace the flour with rice flour. It is not as if you need the gluten in thewheat flour to make these rise it is the eggs.
I'll see if I can find some rice flour and give those a try. Thank you!

:-D
Old 02-13-2011, 10:58 AM

Today I weighed in I was disappointed I was doing so good the right amount of calories, pilates 4 days a week what went wrong. Then I remember someone had a link to a girl that exercised and took pictures even though she wasn't dropping alot of weight you could see the difference in her weekly pic. I could see the difference in me. My stomch started right under my chest and it POPPED out it didn't look that way today or actually the last few days. I measured on the 1st soo I measured again today. Now my hips when I look at me look the same I have the darn fat the hangs and that measurment didn't chnage but are you ready for this????????????

On the first my waist was 39 1/2" today my waist is 38" I lost an entire 1 1/2" in 2 weeks YYYYYYYIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPEE!!
WOW, those Pilates are paying off! Congrats on your progress!!!
Old 02-13-2011, 11:07 AM

Way to go Tru!
Old 02-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Banned

That sounds delicious! Is there a recipe that doesn't use flour? I and wheat don't get along.
I would replace the flour with rice flour. It is not as if you need the gluten in thewheat flour to make these rise it is the eggs.

Amazon.com sells Bob's Red Mill rice flour. I do subscribe and save. You get 15% off free shipping and can cancel at any time. I usually cancel after the 1st order.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:26 AM

Do you think it would work with potato flour? I can't eat wheat either, but am not a huge fan of rice flour.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:35 AM

Amazon.com sells Bob's Red Mill rice flour. I do subscribe and save. You get 15% off free shipping and can cancel at any time. I usually cancel after the 1st order.
I use the lecithin from Bob's Red Mill. Never thought about becoming a member.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Do you think it would work with potato flour? I can't eat wheat either, but am not a huge fan of rice flour.
I am not sure about potato flour. I don't have any potato flour or I would have tried the recipe to see if it would work. sorry! :cry:
Old 02-13-2011, 01:28 PM

Hello everyone. What a beautiful day the Lord is blessing us with today. The temps are 64 degrees. It is gorgeous outside. Hubby and I went to early church service this morning, then out for our Valentines Day a day early. I do not care to fight crowds in the restaurant tomorrow night. So, we went today for lunch. My favorite place to eat out is Lonestar. We don't go there often but I just LOVE their peppercorn steak. Oh, I had my mind made up all morning. I was going to have steak, potatoe, the homemade bread, and I was going to pig out. You hear me??? I was PLANNING to pig out. How dare me!! Well.....we got to the restaurant and I was staring at the menu, ready to order. Well, guess what? I didn't order the steak. I ordered grilled chicken. Never had it there but it was scrumptious. It was so juicy and delicious, I didn't miss the peppercorn steak. I even brought half the chicken home with me. Time the waitress set my plate down, I asked for a to go box and put half the chicken in there. I did have backed potatoe with very little butter. Peppered it real good, as I love pepper, and a side salad. I only ate 1 small slice of the bread loaf. I was proud of myself and I am still full.

One of our neighbors passed away last week. He and his wife had no children. She had a private funeral with just their closest friends and what few family members they have. His wife had invited all our neighborhood (small, only 12 houses in here), to come to her house today at 1 for an "open house". She requested no one bring any food or drinks. Oh my goodness, ya'll should have seen her big dining room table. It was FULLLLLL of cakes, cupcakes, cookies, plus some unidentifiable things. I didn't get close enough to even take a good look to see what all was there. Hubby ate a piece of rum cake and said it was so moist and delicious. I didn't eat a single bite of anything. Oh, I would love to have scooped it all up and brought it home with me for later......No, I wouldn't. I've worked too hard and done too good. But the old fat me would like to have scooped it up and brought it to my house. So, I'm sitting here now, drinking a glass of water as I type. I was proud of myself for turning it all down. And I know, the fact we had just left the restaurant helped me too. I hate to admit it, but it wasn't all willpower that turned away from that dessert.

I hope you all have a wonderfully Blessed day. I'm thinking of Missy and hope she is feeling less anxious today. Bless her heart. Prayers for her continue. I'm going to head outside and enjoy some sunshine. Hugs to all, Sandy
Old 02-13-2011, 03:07 PM

It has been a beautiful day here and I have enjoyed the sunshine so much. I've been sewing on DD's layette, and still making quilts, etc. I have set my time limit that where ever I am in my progress on Saturday I will start quilting. I have been piecing, etc. to this point.

My DH took me out to dinner last night for Valentines. It was a great dinner and I did not overeat.

I'm going to weigh in on Tuesday, the 15th, to see where I am in the halfway point. I think I'm down, but with the yo-yo, I never know.

Congrats Tru! That is awesome. I would love to lose 1 1/2 inches in my belly.

Carrie-I am so happy you had a fun shopping trip. Didja buy any fabric? Do we get a peek?

Missy-still praying for you.

Sandy, glad to see you back on and the good choices you are making.

Jennifer-where are you?

What is everybody working on?