Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What all do we collect(other than fabric?) >

What all do we collect(other than fabric?)

What all do we collect(other than fabric?)

Old 02-13-2011, 04:33 PM

Rocks. Whenever one of my children go somewhere on vacation, I ask them to bring me a small rock. I label it with the date and where it came from and who gave it to me. My youngest son also brings me curiosities like unusual seeds, snail shells or other oddities when he goes to Central and South America. It is sort of my way of traveling.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:42 PM

I have a large collection of dust, it keeps multiplying. I collect tea pots. Have a large collection. It goes so well with the dust. hehehe
Old 02-13-2011, 04:47 PM

Barbie's yes I have a few hundred and hope the value goes back up on them so I can retire. And books, but my GD got me a Kindle so no more books.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:54 PM

I recycle my books ! If I didn't I have needed to move even more than I have. I collect trail of painted ponies, but they must be low number and resin. Also collect memories, special friends of any age, ideas and Places I have lived !
Old 02-13-2011, 04:57 PM

Swarovski Crystal
Old 02-13-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Caroline S
Rocks. Whenever one of my children go somewhere on vacation, I ask them to bring me a small rock. I label it with the date and where it came from and who gave it to me. My youngest son also brings me curiosities like unusual seeds, snail shells or other oddities when he goes to Central and South America. It is sort of my way of traveling.
I forgot to mention two very expensive rocks that were surgically removed from Lonesome's stomach (Labrador Retriever). They cost $1500.00 each. They were not the shiny kind either.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:59 PM

snow globes, longaberger baskets (I stopped collecting these 2 things), and now just fabric and dust...I am trying to use my stash for new projects....and I looking into buying an air purifier to help suck some of the dust out of the air.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:59 PM

I had the first Barbie they ever made and I didn't really play with dolls so mine was in pristine condition.. when I realized they were collectors items I went home to get mine and My mother threw it out!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:06 PM

I went through several collection stages - clowns, matchbook covers, cows (in the kitchen), postcards, baseball cards (gave these away), occupied Japan objects, then I discovered fabric. Fabric is the only collection that lasted. Still have most of the others, might add to them once in awhile, but fabric is tops.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:15 PM

I collect old postcards; those that are from places I've lived or visited and they must have people in them. They generally are from the turn of the century (1900). They fit nicely in special notebooks. Books, which I use to collect, now get recycled at the our lending library since we live in a small house. Then there are the fossils, the rocks from various places visited, cookbooks (both DH and I love to cook and try new recipes), and we used to collect sets of dishes when we entertained more. Now my passion is fabrics, and more fabrics!