Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My youngest som is getting married tomorrow! >

My youngest som is getting married tomorrow!

My youngest som is getting married tomorrow!

Old 02-13-2011, 07:08 PM

The decision is not easy, but do what your heart is telling you to do, The hospital can wait and there your dad is with people that can take care of him, maybe you can go to the wedding be there for the ceremony and leave early that way your dad is not alone after you pick him up. but whatever you do, be careful in the road, will be praying for you.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:04 PM

I am a nurse and have patients discharge in the evening due to family unable to get there early due to situation. The hospital will understand. try to do both. Pick up the phone and call the hospital and see what they say.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by Up North
And I won't be able to be there! How can I deal with this emotionally!! My dad is in the hospital 80 miles away and is supposed to get out tomorrow so I have to go get him I feel so torn!! This is just a justice of the peace thing but still it is important to me. He says Grandpa is more important but I just can't wrap my head around it!! Do I need a nerve pill?
Oh dear, what a terrible dilemma. Never mind, by the end of tomorrow, you will have regained a father and gained a daughter in law! ((((HUGS))))
Positive endings; great way to look at your dilemma. Two persons gained. Celebrate your winnings.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:56 AM

Looks like dad won't get released today so I am going to the wedding and then to see him! I am kind of in shock as I didn't know about this wedding until yesterday!! Nothing like telling us almost after the fact!!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:02 AM
Banned

Looks like dad won't get released today so I am going to the wedding and then to see him! I am kind of in shock as I didn't know about this wedding until yesterday!! Nothing like telling us almost after the fact!!
Sorry to hear your Dad won't be released, but glad you will be able to get to the wedding.

My son eloped ----- and didn't tell ANYONE till a year LATER!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:09 AM

You have made your choice, stick by it with no regrets.
Hope the patient gets well soon, Bettie
Old 02-14-2011, 06:38 AM

Enjoy your son's wedding. Dad is still in my thoughts and prayers as are you
Hugs
April
Old 02-14-2011, 06:48 AM

My daughter called me 2 hours before she got married by a judge. I had to call work and tell them I would be late. And I had the joy of going to my DD wedding in my security uniform. Not the best look. LOL
Old 02-14-2011, 09:21 AM

Prayers for your Dad & all the family.....yup, kids do the most unexpected things at some of the most unexpected times..
...but on the bright side - no dress hunting or flower arranging, cake decisions or weather nightmares to face :) enjoy your visit with your dad after their I do's....maybe they will join you. Hugs to all
Old 02-14-2011, 12:07 PM

Sorry your dad's still in hospital but its great that you will be able to attend the wedding.

Enjoy the day and congratulations to the happy couple.