What do I do with this?

What do I do with this?

Old 02-12-2011, 06:58 PM

I want this panel!!!
Where do I find it?
Kirsten
Old 02-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Power Poster

Boy I love this! I like the idea of cutting it up and using reds and blacks to build the blocks out. How about a piano key border in black and white?!!
Old 02-12-2011, 07:14 PM

I would put a small solid color border and quilt it...I hate to cut up a piece of fabric like this.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:05 PM

I have not seen the panel, but I know Hancock has a border fabric with the same prints. I really like it.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:42 PM

I love that. I think I would make a reversible quilt with that, maybe use the big pics. on one side and the smaller ones on the other. Or just make a regular quilt and use the big pics on one side and scatter the smaller ones around the back. or use the smaller ones in a border. I think it would be so cute if you could find some fabric with the large polka dots in the same color and use that as a border, and if able to find small polka dots, use as a binding or use just red and black for the borders and binding.. That is just adorable. Anyone who collects that Magazine, would love to have a quilt like that. You might put it on Ebay and see what you can do there, or some auction somewhere. Perhaps someone who once worked for the Magazine would see it. Keep us informed.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Power Poster

On the back of a quilt. I would not know what to do with it besides trade it for some fabric I do like. Right now I have a piece of Betty Boop fabric that is like that. Not my thing but maybe jsut right for some one else.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by McQuilter
Having a fettish for black and red quilts I would start cutting this up and adding strips around the different pictures and do some black ,white and red blocks to intersperse between. I think it would be a striking quilt. A real conversation piece.
I agree with this idea
Old 02-14-2011, 10:06 AM

make a quilt for someone turniing 50
Old 02-15-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by rndelling
My first thought was to leave the panel as is and just add some red and black borders.
My second thought is to cut it up, make wonky blocks out of the big ones and then somehow incorporate the smaller blocks in a border along with red and black.
I'm sure you'll get lots more suggestions too.
I agree
Old 02-20-2011, 09:09 AM

As Mcquilter said, cut it up...but then sash with flying geese, half squares and four patch blocks....make them into strips to use as borders....Do this in either 1 1/2 or 3 inch strips...I just learned this on a quilting cruise couple of weeks ago...Winnie Fleming showed us t-shirt quilts with these done for the borders between the blocks and it was amazing the difference between this and the original plain borders...just a though...