Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My youngest som is getting married tomorrow! >

My youngest som is getting married tomorrow!

My youngest som is getting married tomorrow!

Old 02-14-2011, 03:20 PM

Hey! welcome to the club. My one and only child (29) called us on Thurs nite to say he was getting married on Friday. He's in Alabama, we're in Delaware. No hard feelings because I did the same to my parents but I was 40!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:23 PM

don't be upset, my brother and sil got married 3 X to fit everyone into the wedding! lol. If the kids can postpone the honeymoon a day maybe they can come to see gramps and you at home all dressed up in wedding clothes, take some pics, have some cake - . Can anyone video it for you? Can you hire anyone to pick up your father and stay w/ him until after you can get back to himlater in the day? Someone from his or your church? Even the minister of your church wouldnt mind I would think.
My brother eloped, then had the whole wedding - west coast - a few months later cus sils mom wanted it, and then 6 mos after that came east to NY and got married (cake, dress, chaplin - ring exchange, reception - no gifts! - food the whole thing) for my parents and family. share t
Old 02-15-2011, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
And I won't be able to be there! How can I deal with this emotionally!! My dad is in the hospital 80 miles away and is supposed to get out tomorrow so I have to go get him I feel so torn!! This is just a justice of the peace thing but still it is important to me. He says Grandpa is more important but I just can't wrap my head around it!! Do I need a nerve pill?
I think the wedding is more important! Talk to everybody involved and try to work out how you can be there.
If you are not there, you will regret it for years and years!
Can anybody else get grandpa?
Old 02-15-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by jpthequilter
Originally Posted by Up North
And I won't be able to be there! How can I deal with this emotionally!! My dad is in the hospital 80 miles away and is supposed to get out tomorrow so I have to go get him I feel so torn!! This is just a justice of the peace thing but still it is important to me. He says Grandpa is more important but I just can't wrap my head around it!! Do I need a nerve pill?
I think the wedding is more important! Talk to everybody involved and try to work out how you can be there.
If you are not there, you will regret it for years and years!
Can anybody else get grandpa?
Everything worked out great! Got to go to the wedding went and saw Dad he didn't get to come home Got to go out with the Bride and groom in the evening Very happy couple!!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:32 PM

Wonderful to hear that everything worked out O.K.