Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you actually have sewing studio/room >

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

Old 02-14-2011, 01:06 PM

Would love to see a picture of that room. It sounds just great and I am sure you enjoy it.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:12 PM

When we built our home about 5 years ago, I shrunk the kitchen and made a small sewing room, 10x 10...if I need more room I use the dinning room table (which is just outside the sewing room door)...wished I had made it bigger..but at least I have a space.... :thumbup:
Old 02-14-2011, 07:42 PM

My husband carpeted our basement and then gave me his pool table. He put and 4x8 sheet of plywood on the top. Then got me the large cutting mat. I have the one wall lined with fabrics. Two 6x8 tables and My surger and sewing machine on them. Three cabinets with lots of stablizer and other goodies in them. I would say that I have a real nice sewing room.Also, a wonderful husband.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:58 PM

on the rode, sometimez allz i hav is the back of the uhaul, but at the homestead, i got space as far as the i can see.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:19 PM

I do, actually had 1500 square feet studio until we sold our house and moved husband, dog and myself into the studio until we build retirement dream house, in the meantime I am living in the nightmare studio. Still have two rooms dedicated to longarm and sewing but cramped for breathing room....going crazy because husband and Maggie the beagle are in the middle of everything.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:22 PM

Get as much footage as you can becaseu it will never be enough, fabric just grow and grows for strange reasons.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:01 AM

I am currently sewing in the kitchen/dining room, but we are closing on a house this Friday and over there I will have my own sewing room! It's in the basement and is the only bedroom that doesn't have an egress window, so it can't really be called a bedroom. It's about 11x13. I am so excited that I can hardly stand it. It has a really nice sized closet that is almost 3 feet deep! I can only imagine how much stash I'll be able to put in there once we get shelves put up.

I thought it would be a long time before I got my own sewing room, as we have 3 kids & the oldest is just turning 7. We just happened to have this house shown to us and it has enough room for everyone, plus a sewing room.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by sewinglady104
My husband carpeted our basement and then gave me his pool table. He put and 4x8 sheet of plywood on the top. Then got me the large cutting mat. I have the one wall lined with fabrics. Two 6x8 tables and My surger and sewing machine on them. Three cabinets with lots of stablizer and other goodies in them. I would say that I have a real nice sewing room.Also, a wonderful husband.
I know someone else that did this to their pool table. It's a much better use for it!! teehee!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:54 AM

I am fortunate enough to have two extra rooms, when my boys moved out.

One is a 'guest' room where my hubby does fly tying and we store Holiday stuff in the closets.

The other is my sewing room and it is so stuffed with fabric and sewing/crafts items that I can hardly use it. I keep cleaning and purging and sorting and organizing, but it just seems to always be stuffed.

As an example, here are my quilting magazines. Too many?? I am not showing you the 4 foot high stacks on the floor!!!

Hmmmmmm... maybe I should stop buying new stuff? What a novel idea? Nahhhhh!

my Quilting magazines
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158390[/ATTACH]

More quilting magazines!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158391[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-158385.jpe
Views:	11
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	158390   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-158386.jpe
Views:	10
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	158391  
Old 02-15-2011, 05:42 PM

Well Corky, at least you're organized with your magazines.
Originally Posted by Corky
I am fortunate enough to have two extra rooms, when my boys moved out.

One is a 'guest' room where my hubby does fly tying and we store Holiday stuff in the closets.

The other is my sewing room and it is so stuffed with fabric and sewing/crafts items that I can hardly use it. I keep cleaning and purging and sorting and organizing, but it just seems to always be stuffed.

As an example, here are my quilting magazines. Too many?? I am not showing you the 4 foot high stacks on the floor!!!

Hmmmmmm... maybe I should stop buying new stuff? What a novel idea? Nahhhhh!