Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HELP!  For those of you with the Ohmigosh pattern >

HELP! For those of you with the Ohmigosh pattern

HELP! For those of you with the Ohmigosh pattern

Old 01-02-2011, 08:52 AM
rb.

Thanks, everyone. It seems, when Googling, I ended up at their wholesale site, not retail, and that was the problem. I've now been able to order the pattern. I will definitely show you when it's done since I'm reversing the colour...black where the white/light colour is.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:44 PM
QM
Power Poster

That's often a good way to go.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:13 AM

I sat down last night with graph paper and drew out the pattern--thought I might some day make this quilt since I really love the pattern---until I realized that the FINISHED 9 patch measured 1 1/2" and that the finished double 9 patch would only be 4 1/2". Too tiny for my nerves, eyes, and patience. I might still make it but I'll enlarge the pattern if I do. As long as the strips to make the 9 patches are the same size as the ones making the 4 patches enlarging it shouldn't be hard to do. The blocks would easily transpose into a 12 1/2" block.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:35 PM
QM
Power Poster

IMHO, the blocks are for us, not us for the blocks. If one size does not work for you, try another.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by rb.
Please help. I just purchased, online from Hancock's, the fabric to make the beautiful Ohmigosh quilt by Sue Garman. When I went to buy the pattern from the website quakertownonline, because I'm in Canada, it wants a Tax/VAT number, and it's a required field. I have nothing to put in this field, so it won't let me buy the pattern. So, I'll have to figure it out on my own. (big pout LOL)

I'm wondering if someone with the pattern can tell me what the finished block size is, and maybe what size the little squares are. I really would prefer the pattern, but they clearly don't like me. Hancocks does, though. LOL
I love that quilt- thanks for letting all of us know about it. I ordered a pattern, too! I discovered that I really like Sue Garmen's designs!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-15-2011, 03:48 AM

The quilt referenced in the second post is mine...it was so much fun to make.

All the strips for the 9-patches and four patches were cut 1"...the blocks end up being 1-1/2" and 1" finished, respectively. The little four patches actually float so there's no real matching to worry about. I, too, thought I must be nuts for working something so teeny, but once I had the system down, it was actually a really great bee project to work on...just a whole lot of a lot.

Another gal did this quilt and submitted a picture of it to the website here...

http://www.generations-quilt-pattern...upersized.html

...she just made the strips bigger because she didn't want to work that small...and it is just as fabulous!

Just before I stitched omigosh, I also did the 'Birthday quilt'...

http://www.generations-quilt-pattern...t-pattern.html

...it too is made from 1-1/2" finished nine patches. Hubby was out of work for almost two years, and these projects were way cheaper than therapy!

Again, once you have the system down, it's just like popcorn...and it's hard to stop making them when the quilt is done...ask me how I know...

Julie