Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My wife said no flowers this year .... so ..... >

My wife said no flowers this year .... so .....

My wife said no flowers this year .... so .....

Old 02-15-2011, 08:29 AM

What a lovely day for her.[and you] I told my hubby the same thing. But he took me to 2 WM and bought me over 600.00 worth of fabric for around 250.00. All on clearance.He was having fun pulling fabric bolts and saying can you use this. Most of it was 4.94 a yard.9They were starting to close out fabric. The other WM was redoing their clearing out older fabric. A lot of it is children fabric. I donate all I make. [A bunch of my smaller quilts,bibs,receiving blankets etc. go to a NICU at the hosp.9Last year I made 23 items. I want to start on quilt this year for VETS, or wounded soldiers.Need to finish the 3 big ones I have sandwiched. Anyways I have the best hubby. I am at home all the time and I am learning on my own. But I am a fabricolic. I do just simple quilts. Enough of me. I am happy for you that you had a great day. You should try out Mary Jo's in Gastonia, NC. She has a site too. Anything you can imagine.You would be in Fabric Heaven. Have a good Day!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 08:50 AM

You are a keeper. I have one like that, but he was out of town of business this valentine's day, so we will do our day soon.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:55 AM

Wow you are a Very thoughtful and loving DH I'm glad that you and your DW had a wonderful Valentines day doing the things that you both like also it was great after all that you went home and fixed dinner.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:16 AM

Just curious where your favorite breakfast place is in that area. We're from N. Delaware too and go to Lancaster area frequently. We were at Goodville about two weeks ago. I think you accomplished a lot more than we do in one day though.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:35 AM

The gift of time spent with your Valentine. How precious! Glad you enjoyed your day together. :)
Old 02-15-2011, 12:47 PM

Next year, can I go too?!!
Old 02-15-2011, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Therese
Originally Posted by OLDNTATTED
Yesterday, being our 26th aniv. I took my darling to the closest Box-mart. I then showed her
the prety yellow roses,
the box of candy,
and the sexy outfit,
I would have baught for her.
We then put it all back on the shelf. We saved a bunch of money doing that.
When we got home I got out my Tattoo case. And now we share a gift to last a life time...
I don't see any quilt designs...
You haven't seen MY quilts!
Old 02-15-2011, 04:23 PM

:P FUN!!
Old 02-15-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
Originally Posted by goaf1968
My wife and I were sitting in the living room watching the Nature Channel when she turned to me and said, Will you please do me a favor and do not get any candy, flowers or a card for Valentine's Day for me?"

Being the dutiful husband that I am, I agreed to honor her request. What I didn't say anything about, though, was the road trip I was going to take her on yesterday:

1. Headed into Lancaster County, PA for breakfast at our favorite morning meal restaurant.
2. Went to a local variety store where they happen to sell fabrics at very reasonable prices -- they serve the Amish and Mennonite communities with their goods.
3. Then it was off to a little one-man operated store where he sells the absolutely best smoked pork items I have ever had -- spent way too much there (yum.)
4. Off again, this time into Intercourse, PA, and two more fabric shops.
5. Then off to yet another grocery store to stock up on our favorite foods from that area (yes, I grew up in that area.)
6. Of course, another stop to yet another fabric store --- wait, actually two more shops.
7. Then a 1 1/2 hour drive back home.

Once home I cooked a meal of smoked pork chops, wax beans and handmade noodles. I then cleaned up for us.

Well, I think she made out far better than flowers, candy and a card.

Oh yes, did I say that we spent hours talking about all kinds of stuff, but nothing that related to any stressful situations (like work - college kids - work -- college kids bills --- did I mention work?

You see, it doesn't take much to make her happy -- just do everything she loves doing and surprise her by taking her.

Terry -- in Northern Delaware

P.S. I didn't forget about me. We went into two thrift shops and in one of them I found a pristine Singer Model 600 in its original carrying case ... and it looked like it was never used! That was the best $8 I have spent in a long time on a machine.

I'm curious, do you give lessons to other DH? ;-)
I'm Curious too!! :)
Old 02-15-2011, 04:26 PM
kbs

What a gem!!