Embroidery Machines

Old 02-15-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
I have an inexpensive Brother I love it!!
ditto, but i also bought a combo machine recently that does a slightly larger embroidery area. It is THE BEST, so much fun!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 05:05 PM

Have you checked into the Hoop it All hoops? They have a system for between $400-$600 with super big, 12x12, 14x14 & 16x16 hoop along with other larger hoops.

It's a lot less expensive than a new machine.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:14 PM

I have a Baby Lock Ellure Plus that I like very much.

Would use the embroidery function more but I can't seem to figure out how to download embroidery patterns from the computer to a flash drive. My machine has a lot of designs built in but not much for children's designs, which is what I want. Will have to ask someone more computer savy than myself.

You would probably enjoy having the embroidery capability. Baby Lock has several price ranges which are reasonably priced.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:17 PM

What embroidery software are you using? Artista?
Old 02-15-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
I have a Baby Lock Ellure plus. With all the little extras i spent $1600 I love it. I rarley attach the embroidery arm. I just don't have anything I want to embroider! Plus you have to invest in the thread, Between a fabric stash and a thread stash, I would rather put my money in the fabric stash. The thread just really adds up. $5-$8 a spool.
I ordered alot of thread from Metro thread online. It is VERY reasonable and I really like it. There are several ladies in my embroidery group that have bought alot of this too and like it very much. http://metroemb.com/Mini%20Spool.html These are the mini spools with 1100 yds of thread per spool which are the traditional sized spools. Not the little skinny ones but the short fat ones and they are 75 cents a spool. Beats $5 to $7 dollars. I started out with embroidex, madiera and polyX threads and npw have 43 spools of the metro. It sews and looks just as good as the expensive thread. I was skeptical at first but then saw the thread someone else bought and she let me borrow a color I didn't have and was very impressed. I really enjoy doing the embroidery and use my machines alot. I also enjoy applying the embroidery in my quilting as well.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:20 PM

I have a Bernina 630E and love it. I agree with KJDavis4 - if you do decide to buy one, try to find a dealer that offers "Master Your Machine" classes.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:35 PM

I had a Husqvarna Viking Embroidery machine and loved it. Then my DH and DS decided to upgrade my computer and the Viking was no longer compatible. So DH bought me a Husqvarna Topaz 2. I sold the Viking on Ebay. Don't forget there is alot to but beyond the machine. I would go to a quilting shop that deal in the machine that you are interested in and get all the information and classes. I love mime and have used embroidery designs instead of quilting the finished quilt
Old 02-15-2011, 06:17 PM

I have a Bernina 730 - it is a great embroidery and sewing machine!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:25 PM

I brought a Janome 10001 2 weeks ago, it was used but it was orginally sold at Missouri Sewing Machine Company, the woman traded up and they had it when I went looking for a machine. I don't know if I paid too much but I have free classes and its guaranteed for a year on everything but the bobbin case. The company has been in business for years and I have never heard anything bad about them. I have a friend that came over and taught me how to use it yesterday and I love this machine. Since its a older machine its not compatible with my laptop <vista> but the place I brought it told me to bring in my laptop and they can fix that, don't know how you all feel but buying it someplace that doesn't just sell you the machine and push you out the door to learn trail and error means a lot to me.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Power Poster

I have a Bernina 640 and use it ALOT!!