Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
My daughter's progress report >

My daughter's progress report

My daughter's progress report

Old 02-15-2011, 09:44 AM

My DS (who is 26) did not say bad things, but when I went to his parent teacher meeting, the teacher told me that Mark had brought something for show and tell. I "replied" he did? I did not know what. She informed me that he got in his pocket and took out a snake. So I went home and asked him about it. He know that I do not like them so he had it hidden in the garage until the bus came for him and then he put it in his pocket. I told him that he was to never do anything like that again. At least the teach was not upset, they put it in a jar and then took it outside at recess and let it go in a field. The things kids do!!
Old 02-15-2011, 04:25 PM

when my daughter was in Junior high she was intentionally getting noon time detention.

Its seems that when you got in trouble you got to sit in the nice warm library.
The "good" kids had to stand in the lunch line and wait their turn, while the "bad" kids sitting in the nice warm library, their lunch was brought to them on a tray.

After lunch, the "bad" kids got to sit in the nice warm library.
The "good" kids had to go outside and play in the cold!

I talked to the principal and told him that I wasn't raising any dumbies!
Old 02-15-2011, 04:37 PM

When one of my granddaughters was in the first grade, she came to my house from school one evening. She sat down at the table and started crying. When I asked her what was wrong, she said, "Granny, I try to be good, but I just can't". They had sent her to the principal's office for talking in class. I told her that she just took after me and not to worry.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:44 PM

I asked my five year old grandson if he liked his teacher.He said, she is a good girl but she had a belt on and she snaps the bad kids with it. He has a problem with telling stories!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:03 PM

My younger sister came home from the first day of kindergaten crying. When asked why, she stated "Mommy you have to make me a name tag!" when asked again, why? She said, "Nobody knows my name, they just call me brat!" (She just turned 43, and still could be called 'brat'. roflmbo!)
Old 02-15-2011, 06:46 PM

My G'son who is now 16 got in a lot of trouble when he was 10, he really liked this girl at school but didn't know how to approach her so one day he walked up to her and said hey!! do you have any naked pictures of your Mom....if not do you want one I have plenty. Needless to say he got in trouble and a note sent home, my daughter was so upset but like I told her, that sounds like something your husband would say so G'son got a talking to but she went a little easy on him because she knew I was right. What was bad is that we live in a town of 200 so she knew the girls Mom, she personally called her to apologize.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:51 PM

Oh my, what cute stories, i remember when my son started kindergarten, I was so worried, I got a call from the principal that my hubs and I would have to come in right away for a conference, all I could think about was, what has he done, when we showed up there were seven sets of parents, The problem wasn't my son, but the little girls that belong to these other parents, it seems these little girls were cornering my son on the playground and kissing him. My hubs and I cracked up laughing, well did we get into trouble, the principal said this was a very serious problem, and I said maybe for the girls, my son probably loved it, this was thirty years ago. The other parents were not happy we laughed either, they had to leave work and come to school for their kids only to be told there daughters were kissing a little boy,
Old 02-15-2011, 07:14 PM

My son Brandan brought a play gun to school in preschool. The teacher gave me the gun when I came to pick him up. She said that she could have him removed from preschool and have the police called. She didn't to either. I wonder if she hadn't known me before if she would have called the police. They are to call the police if children bring play guns to school. I didnt know he brought a gun to school.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:32 PM

As a retired 5th grade teacher, I have to share that your kids go to school and tell their teachers everything that goes on in your house. Sometimes I would almost cringe with what they were sharing with me. If it's exciting, got their attention, scared them or thrilled them, they're gonna tell. At our first parent teacher open house, I would always tell my parents,"I promise not to believe everything they tell me if you promise not to believe everything they tell you." They laughed and usually were good sports.
The other side is problems with a kid. If I did have problems, I always insisted the student come to the conference with their parents. You should have seen them squirm when I told their parents what was going on. It was impossible for them to say, "That teacher is lying about me." It was hilarious and very hard to keep a straight face.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:25 PM

I have to add to this one. I was called to the school about my son when he was in kindergarten. He told the teacher he wouldn't do his work "because it's baby games". He has always been a challenge.... Last year, 6th grade, I had told his teacher if she needed me to please call during the class time, and I would try to come right then to handle a discipline problem he was having. When she pulled out her cell phone and told him she was calling me, his response was, "tell her I said Hey!" She was actually still laughing when I answered the phone! Any suggestions how to handle one that gets himself out of trouble by making everyone laugh?