Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need ideas >

need ideas

need ideas

Old 02-15-2011, 03:45 PM

Let's see how fussy they are on baby #2 or #3?? That fussiness pretty much goes in the trash can along with a few other things they hold dear!!!
Give them your best idea and don't fret, if they don't like it and aren't gracious about it, it will come back at them when they are the grandparents.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:26 AM

trip around the world in the colors of choice? Nine patches with snowballs? I don't think those folks sound like a lot of effort would be worth it!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
My BFF just found out she's going to be a grandmother (of a boy). Her son and DIL sent her some photos of the fabrics they're going to use in the nursery.
It's very swirly, lots of curves, not very nursery-looking, more like an abstract painting, but oh well.
Anyway she had already asked me to help her make a tumbling block crib quilt for the baby. But now that she's seen the curvy, swirly design they'll have on everything, she's (we're) wondering if a tumbling block quilt will look out of place, even though she'd use the same colors?
I should mention that her son and DIL are FUSSY about what they wear, the house decorations etc. Of course we all are but they take it to a crazy level. And if they don't like a gift they either shove it into a closet or take it back. They'll even announce at Xmas "Oh I'll have to exchange this since I don't like it" right to the person who gave it to them....etc.
I think they're rude but my BFF is such a sweet person and I don't want her to work on a gift if they won't like it.
What I'm trying to ask is, if you needed to make a crib quilt for a nursery that'll have abstract wallpaper and sheets etc, what quilt pattern would you choose?
Thanks
If they're that picky, I would send them money and let them get what they want. Why kill yourself making a beautiful baby quilt if they aren't going to appreciate it anyway?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:56 AM

After a couple of months of motherhood, this mother may not be quite so fussy. Go ahead and put some stability in his life. Otherwise all the whirls and things may have him dizzy to begin with.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:06 AM

Alwaysquilting, The tumbling block quilt in the colors of the baby's room is a great idea. If the parents don't like it, your BFF can use it at her home when the baby visits. Eiltcoq.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:16 AM

I am thinking, the drunkards path pattern would work ??
Old 02-16-2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
If they're that picky, I would send them money and let them get what they want. Why kill yourself making a beautiful baby quilt if they aren't going to appreciate it anyway?
I'm in agreement with you :twisted: but she still wants to make one.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:22 AM

If they live far away, your friend might never know if they even use the quilt. I would concentrate on small things - diaper bag, bibs - andf hold off on a quilt until the gransdson gets older. I love the term 'Professional Rejectionists'. I think we all know some of these people.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:34 AM

Tumbling Blocks, Twister or how about OBW using a pattern with her colors. Just a suggestion!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:41 AM

Do the tumbling block in solids and use a couple of coordinating fabrics as borders. If you use 4 colors or less I think it looks more conemporary.