Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Life is a Journey and so is Quilt Making! What are you sewing and quilting? >

Life is a Journey and so is Quilt Making! What are you sewing and quilting?

Life is a Journey and so is Quilt Making! What are you sewing and quilting?

Old 02-15-2011, 09:36 PM

Since I finished the top of my hanging gardens oversized queen size quilt last week I decided I just wanted to make one of the easy quick quilts on my list. Am now using batiks to make up a pattern called Looky Lou. It is going VERY FAST and I should have the top done tomorrow if all goes well. I also have made a few mug rugs.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by cherylynne
I am trying to teach myself applique and when I feel ready I will make a teapot quilt. I've also been working on a BOM that involves embroidery pictures of calendar girls. I guess it's in the primative catagory. Saw it at my LQS and decided to try something different than pieced blocks. I am looking for portable projects because we travel as soon as school is finished.
What a darling baby! I made two applique quilts last year, and was not pleased with either of them. I padded the bunnies, and made cotton fluffy tails on one, but I felt they really looked too primitive, from my lack of skill. It was so much work, and not at all satisfying. So I have at least for the moment given up on applique. But great good luck to you. I'm probably the only person who has totally sworn off. Would love to hear your results!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:35 AM

Just finished queen size top for GD and getting ready to do sham. Also have been hand quilting on a quilt I started 25 was years ago and never finished everything is hand pieced it is queen size.After that I will be starting a paper pieced project.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:39 AM

Sorry to jump in with a new question but I never knwo where to put a question. How does everyone like or dislike their AccuQuilt? I am thinking about buying one...thanks for allowing me to jump in....
Old 02-16-2011, 08:43 AM

I'm doing small charity quilts. I make the top, sandwich them, Club Sew & Sew ties them then I do the binding. Did 4 yesterday. Will have more ready next week. Also in spare time make potholders and a phone book quilt. In addition there is the Funky Chicken. Busy, Yes, I would say so.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:41 PM

As I am trying to keep busy so as not to worry too much about health issues I have done something that I so far have always said I would not do which is have more than one thing on the go at a time. I currently have 2 table runners waiting to be bound, a twin bed quilt reading for bordering, a kids I Spy quilt ready to be sashed and a DP nine patch in progress all on the go.

I spent the entire weekend cutting up fabric for more I Spy quilts as this year I intend to make several to donate to Ronald McDonald House or maybe Komfort for Kids (undecided so might split them) as I have started making charity quilts as well.

I also have the International Round Robin on the go and another challenge quilt (wall hanging) which is due in next week. For some reason I also started doing to Star Block of the month this year although this months block which is paper pieced is going to be a definate challenge as I have never paper pieced.

Oh gosh reading this back I think I may have hit the insanity list :shock:

Maybe1day
Old 02-16-2011, 06:05 PM

I'm working on a "Drunkard's Path" quilt. It has been giving me FITS!! I've done more unsewing on this quilt than I have on anything. My DH heard my frustration and saw it when the other night I took the rows apart I already had together and layed the blocks on the living room floor to see why they wouldn't go together right. He tried to help me, we twisted and turned every block every way it could be. Then he got the book with the pattern and copied the picture of the quilt. He drew lines between the blocks then looked at the diagram of the block. The block was WRONG! One of the corner blocks for the set was turned the wrong way. I of course made sure I set the blocks together to match the diagram. I had to take them apart again. But, HURRAY!!, this time it went together great. I may even finish the top this weekend!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 06:16 PM

I saw a Strata Star table topper on here one day. I HAD to make one. I had to hunt down a reasonably price pattern so I could see how to put it together. Luckily one of the members here told me of a website to find one. Got it and made it and love it on my table right now.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:19 PM

I cleaned my sewing room & found several BOM's that I had purchased several years ago & forgot about them. I am working on them. A quilting friend of mine that bought the same BOM's, but in a different color, but same fabric line, just found hers & we are working on them together. We are swapping every-other block, so we have a more colorful quilt. I did go on a local shop hop & purchased more fabric & patterns (like I need more, I'm a fabricaholic), I promised myself at New Years to do more UFO's before starting anything new. But I couldn't resist.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:12 PM

Just finnished 2 Baby quilts for dgd ggreatsons twins do in june, have some hemming to do on res.blankets. now back to doing pruses and bags. then more quilts