Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What were you called when you were little, and by whom? >

What were you called when you were little, and by whom?

What were you called when you were little, and by whom?

Old 02-16-2011, 08:20 PM

My dad called me Pam Ella. I miss that one and him. My (ex) BIL - a real jokester - called me Pamela Soup. I also remember Pam the Lamb from when I was real little. My poor twin sister was Fat Pat the Water Rat.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:31 PM

My baby sister would call me Boo and mom did too, from time to time. But MY DADDY, love and miss him so much (you can tell, can't ya??hmm I'm a daddy's girl) Called me RUTH HENRY, his favorite (only) uncle's name was Hank, short for Henry. Many is the time I appreciated being a girl. Middle name, well a cruel uncle told me once it was from the Donald O'Connor movie, Frances, the mule. hahahaha I never saw the movie but heard of it. after highschool, I needed a nic name for a job and I chose Henri. To this day some old friends still use it. Life is good.

Blessings, Ruth
Old 02-16-2011, 08:33 PM

my mom called me when it was time to do the dishes and my dad called me when i didnt come.LOL no really they called me nancy pants
Old 02-16-2011, 08:50 PM

my dad called me poohbear and when I turned 17 he said that since I was all grown up he would call me by my name. I cried and told him i could never be too old for poohbear to this day he still calls me that!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:55 PM

I was called.....Ditter!! It started when I was learning to talk. My DM said I would walk around saying ditter over and over. I guess it was pretty funny to everyone and before long that was my nickname. I had outgrown it by the time I went to school except for my step Dads' family. They call me Ditter to this day! :lol:
Old 02-16-2011, 09:04 PM

When I was really little my dad used to callme "oldie pastina spaghettio" and when I was older he called me the "admiral's daughter" My older sister called me "pymie". The only nickname I have now is "little mama", which is a joke between me and my 13 y/o son. I have always called him "little man" and now he is 5'10" at 13 and I am only 5'2". Since he is so much taller than me he has decided that I am his little mama.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:06 PM

I bet no one else was called what I was. My whole family called me Tiger, until I was about 16 and my Mom made them stop. It still slips out once and a while from someone, but not too often.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Power Poster

"Sis" by all of my brothers and my sister. My mom used my first and middle name and I hated it(Won't even tell what it is!). My grandma called me "Sweetie" and she never did learn how to spell my name. And sometimes they just called me "Picky" because I don't eat pepper of any kind. No black pepper, no white pepper, no hot peppers, or green, yellow, orange or red peppers! And there were a lot more things I wouldn't eat.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:16 PM

well my mom called me by my first name, My oldest bro callsme teeesa. my youngest bro calls me fidgets, and my step dad knick named all of us kids and of course mine was fidgets cause I could not set still. My grandsons call me mamaw and my step GD calls me mamaw or treeeesa or ChiChi. lol. when she said my name that is what came out. lol my DH well he calls me baby. ;)
Old 02-16-2011, 09:47 PM

My dad used to call me chicky when I was little, but when I grew in to a teenager, he used to call me string bean, as I was tall and gangly.