Anyone in Houston?

Old 02-17-2011, 06:25 AM

Lily - you are very close to me!
Old 02-17-2011, 06:26 AM

Nona - I go down to Surfside a lot so very close to you. I've been to Calico Cats in Lake Jackson. Is there a quilt shop in Angleton?

Originally Posted by Nona
i'm in Bailey's Prairie off of SH288 south near Angleton.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:27 AM

Daisy - I'm not sure where I found out about the Katy quilt show but I already have it in my calendar. If I'm in town, I am going to try to make it for sure.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:29 AM

I know, I know - I missed the quilt show last year. I was working in Austin for 3 weeks right at that time. I was so upset since I work downtown and could have run over to the Brown. It's on my calendar already for 2011.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:31 AM

Gabby - I'm going to show my ignorance but what exactly is a guild meeting. I've read about guilds but not really sure what they are.

Originally Posted by Gabbystabber
Welcome Karen from another Cypress Quilter. You will have to come to tri county quilt guild meeting March 5. Gals at Quiltworks can tell you all about it. or you can pm me.
Donna
Old 02-17-2011, 08:23 AM

Yes It is called Southern Lady. It's in the center of downtown on Velasco. There is also a new one in Lake Jackson called I believe sew n sew. It is open some wierd hours and I haven't been there yet. If you are heading this way, pm me and I'll get the current hours and location.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:30 AM

a guild is a organized group of quilters. They usually have a meeting about once a month, with a speaker or program related to quilting. Ours has a library of quilting books and magazines which you can check out. It is a group of women (usually) who have the same types of interests. We have a silent auction to raise money for the guild every year in April and we empty our "no wants" to let someone else take home for their sewing centers. The funds help pay for the speakers and other guild expenses.A guild usually has "bees" or the different types of quilting interests...charity projects, mini quilts, fiber arts, etc. These usally range from 6 to 20 members who meet either weekly or monthy for their own types of specific quilting.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by zkosh
Alondra,
I think you may be thinking of the one that is on Murphy Road, just north of Hwy 6. If you go north on Murphy from 6 it will be in a shopping center on your left not too far up the road. they have Babylock machines and I discovered it while looking for serger classes. I can't think of the name of the shop right now either but I will let you know if I remember. Does that sound like the one you are looking for?
Sounds like you're talking about Little Stitches in the Township Center (you'll see the Black Eyed Pea rest. there) It's actually in Missouri City, not Sugar Land. Take 1092 just a few blocks no. of Hwy 6 & it'll be on your left. It's a nice little shop :)
Old 02-17-2011, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by zkosh
Yep, Little Stitches. I'm sorry they are closing.I'm partial to Quilter's Cottage on 359.
No, let me clear this up, don't want rumors going wrong here -
Little Stitches (in the Township in Missouri City) is NOT closing - SEW CONTEMPO is the store in Missouri City that is closing.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:10 PM

Thanks for clearing that up! That makes more sense.