Embroidery Machines

Old 02-16-2011, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by joyplace
Amazon.com has the PE770 for $667.99 Free Shipping. I have been looking at this one for over one year. Have not seen it any cheaper. Sale ends Friday I think. Also same machine with extra supplies for $898.00.
Have fun if you purchase this machine.
My Brother PE770 with extra supplies came in today. I got the extra supplies since I live 100 miles from a store where I can buy any. I haven't had time to read the manual yet.

Two more puppies were dumped at my place yesterday. It's really hard to get anything done with 8 dogs wanting attention. I have very little hope of finding another home for these two new ones. The shelter has an outbreak of parvo and isn't taking any puppies now.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:16 AM

I am 62 and bought a Bernina 830 for a retirement gift to myself. I figure it is the last sewing machine I will purchase!! I will admit it can be picky. If there is thread somewhere it shouldn't be you will have to clean it out before rethreading.I just have to keep reminding myself it is a highend computer and works like any other computer
Originally Posted by char in MI
I went to a trunk show featuring Out of Africa. The embroidery designs were incredible. I'm sure I was the only one there who did not own an embroidery machine. I would like to know how many people have emb. machines, what kind and how much you really use them. Of course I fell iin love with the Bernina 830 but since it is $10,000 and I am 65 yr old, I am wondering how much I would use it to make the investment worthwhile. Several ladies (not young) have multiple emb machines plus sewing machines. What appreciate your input. thanks.
:thumbup:
Old 02-17-2011, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by joyplace
Amazon.com has the PE770 for $667.99 Free Shipping. I have been looking at this one for over one year. Have not seen it any cheaper. Sale ends Friday I think. Also same machine with extra supplies for $898.00.
Have fun if you purchase this machine.
Last night I looked at this machine on line. So my question is, do I need lots of "extras" to use this machine?? Other than thread, that is. This is about what I can pay for a machine. Will it do labels for me? Where did you purchase it? I think I priced it at Amazon. What do I do if I have a problem with it.....will any sewing machine place work on it? Thanks for any help you can give.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:01 AM

Good Morning.........All those unanswered questions is why I have not purchased this machine. .....I live in Georgia and shops that sell this machine in the area I live in is few and far between........Hopefully one day it will be available nearby. Until then, I'll just keep looking and wishing.
Happy Quilting.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:21 AM

I bought both of my machines on ebay. Ebay stands behind you if you are unhaappy with anything you purchase. Depending on the machine, it usually takes a repair shop with someone that is trained to do repair and up-keep on machines. Most embroidery machines will do the lables for quilts. You do have to have the software for the lables or whatever you want to embroidery. My Brother does the lables without sofware, it is already built in.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:28 AM

I have a singer futura its a lot cheaper. sometimes it can drive me crazy. But I get some beauitful designs out of it.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:34 PM

I have a Bernina 830 and just love it, have had it a little over 8 months and by the way I'm older than you!! I just figured at my age I can get what I want.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:57 PM

I have a Bernina630 machine and I love it very user friendly and agree with buying machine from dealer so you get free classes and good service.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:32 PM

I just bought a Janome MC300E through Craigslist. I paid $300 and got all the hoops and accessories with it. I have never had any kind of machine like this and already am in love with it. Presently, learning and making my grandkids names and items they like onto on quilt! i cant stay away from it long lol :)
Old 02-18-2011, 04:33 PM

I have a Brother Innovis 4500D which is a big Disney then I have a small Brother 180 Disney and then a Babylock .
I love all of them.
The small Disney was one of the first Disney machines and I use it for labels for my quilts. and the big Disney is in my cabinet and I ended up getting the Babylock when my Bernina 850E was in the shop again.
It was really funny one Christmas I had all of them going at the same time embroidering the borders on sheets and cases.
But for the price range I would go with the Babylock it is in the middle price range. It also does a beautiful job.
Hope this is a help.
kjym Kathy