Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hoarder...Who Needs tv????? >

Hoarder...Who Needs tv?????

Hoarder...Who Needs tv?????

Old 02-17-2011, 11:47 PM

OMGosh Debbie, it looks like a tornado hit your part of Texas. I'm going to save your pictures to show my husband who has in the past called me a hoarder when referring to my fabric collection. I like to be organized and am actually pretty proud that my sewing room is picked up and neat. Good luck
Old 02-18-2011, 04:16 AM

Deb - You have been an inspiration!!!! I actually went to the sunroom yesterday and started organizing everything that has been dropped off, thrown in, etc. Actually made some headway - LOL. Still a lot more to go. Didn't want you to think you were by yourself! Just think as you're cleaning we're doing it with you. We should make a cleaning day support group on here!! From this time to this time we're all cleaning and then taking break and telling of accomplishments. LOL
Old 02-18-2011, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by np3
If this is the sewing room, where do you sew? Must be in another room!
Well she said she had two rooms, I'd hate to see the other room lol. Looks like mine at one time. I'll never show mine though. I don't have room to sew in mine, I use it for fabric storage only. lol. I hate to look for things and then have to put every thing back. Early fall I started notice I said started sorting my fabrics by color and folding them so nicely using my 6x24 ruler. I still have about six large plastic long bins that I haven't even gone through yet. But then there is always stuff on the floor, that I haven't even put away.I also sew on the dinning table. At Christmas my daughter told DH and me she wanted us to start clearing out our mess, so she and DB wouldn't have to when we leave this world. Now is that a big hint or what? lol
Deema she needs your help badly, fly down and give her a hand lol.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:12 AM

Sending you ((((((HUGS)))))) and support as you attempt to organize your rooms. Spend an hour or two then take a break or you will still feel overwhelmed. Put the stuff you want to sell in a pile just don't get it confused with the stuff you want to keep. Get stuff on shelves asap. Good luck and send us pics as you clean it up.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:46 AM

It looks like a lot of fun to go through it all. Lots of surprises. :-P
Old 02-18-2011, 06:48 AM

Debbie,
This thread is a hoot. Thanks for starting it. I admire those who can stay neat and organized, but that is not me. No sense in beating myself up over it. If you can't stand my mess, we can visit by phone, at your house or have lunch out.
I would rather be sewing. As long as I can find what I need I am a happy sew and sew.
(((HUGS)))
Old 02-18-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by dyer804
But out of all that you make some beautiful quilts!
Thank you my friend. It's only been like that 6 months so just a minor interruption, and have you seen the beautiful cross stitch I"be been doing in the mean time. LOL. At least the pictures had quilts in them. LOL. Stay tuned.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bubblegum0077
Sending you ((((((HUGS)))))) and support as you attempt to organize your rooms. Spend an hour or two then take a break or you will still feel overwhelmed. Put the stuff you want to sell in a pile just don't get it confused with the stuff you want to keep. Get stuff on shelves asap. Good luck and send us pics as you clean it up.
Hi there. Glad to chat with you again. Another good thing about this post. It brought my older friends back out. LOL. It's a challenge. In my sleep, I am getting it done and then I wake up. ARghhhhhhhhhhh...hate it when that happens. :lol: :lol:
Old 02-18-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
Originally Posted by np3
If this is the sewing room, where do you sew? Must be in another room!
Well she said she had two rooms, I'd hate to see the other room lol. Looks like mine at one time. I'll never show mine though. I don't have room to sew in mine, I use it for fabric storage only. lol. I hate to look for things and then have to put every thing back. Early fall I started notice I said started sorting my fabrics by color and folding them so nicely using my 6x24 ruler. I still have about six large plastic long bins that I haven't even gone through yet. But then there is always stuff on the floor, that I haven't even put away.I also sew on the dinning table. At Christmas my daughter told DH and me she wanted us to start clearing out our mess, so she and DB wouldn't have to when we leave this world. Now is that a big hint or what? lol
Deema she needs your help badly, fly down and give her a hand lol.
Hi Gerbie. I still haven't seen the picture of the Hankie quilt you were working on. Maybe you could get a picture in Pictures. Glad you popped in. My kids said the same thing. That's one reason why I want to give it to quilters too. They would have it hauled off. SO nice to hear from you. Stay tuned.

Oops, I am starting to respond one on one like I do in my PDA, better stop of I will have two of those too. ROFLMBO. Thanks for all the posts, friends, I am reading them all. *H*U*G*S*
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-120450.gif
Views:	114
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	120455  
Old 02-18-2011, 11:24 AM

There have been several of us offer to help her, but still haven't heard back from her, I think she is afraid that we all might find some really fun stuff in there and want to bring it home with us, so she is staying quite. ROTFLMBO I know she will get it back in shape soon.