Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just had to tell someone >

Just had to tell someone

Just had to tell someone

Old 02-18-2011, 06:04 AM

I saw a Robion last week, it's a little early for them here in Colorado, but, we'll take any hope we can get! the trees have new growth, and are beginning to bud! yea! Spring!!!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:08 AM

There is an old saying here'When the Kookaburras laugh it will rain the next day' ha says I where I come from in Victoria they laugh all the time. well I have egg on my face. Today its pouring with rain. been wonderful no rain for aweek a little bit of summer.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:24 AM

so happy for you! the robins are going thru here north now - I saw flocks from 10 to about 60 in the 'hood the last few weeks. This is the only time we see them in SC, when theyre coming and going north - it must be too hot where I am over the summer - I do miss the robins. You dont notice them when you live w/ them every day, they have such a wonderful song. I do have mocking birds and they are wonderful too - didnt have them up where I used to live. sharet
Old 02-18-2011, 06:33 AM

I see that you are in Ohio. I am in Indiana and we saw 2 robins in our yard last weekend. Hooray! I'm patiently waiting for the sand hill cranes to fly over - should start any day now - then I will know that Spring is really on the way. After the Winter we have had, we deserve an early, nice Spring. But Spring in Indiana is often cold and wet. There have been years that I haven't gotten my garden out until June!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:38 AM

Have been enjoying the birds in Fl for a few weeks now. Our drive and back yard are always filled with robins, cardinals, wrens and of course squirrels.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:44 AM

We've had lovely weather here the last few days and we too have seen robins the last week or so.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:50 AM

:)
Old 02-18-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
Good morning! I was looking out my living room window just now(God gave the most beautiful sunrise this morning) and I Saw Two Robins! A good sign that spring is on the way! Makes me want to break out the spring table runners and maybe make a new one. Just had to tell someone. DH is still in bed, too early to call friends or sisters. Have a great day! Lisa :D :D :D
I have been spring housecleaning all week and this morning I put out my spring table runners and I am hoping there is no more snow. We have robins here also. Spring will come.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
Good morning! I was looking out my living room window just now(God gave the most beautiful sunrise this morning) and I Saw Two Robins! A good sign that spring is on the way! Makes me want to break out the spring table runners and maybe make a new one. Just had to tell someone. DH is still in bed, too early to call friends or sisters. Have a great day! Lisa :D :D :D
I saw a robin last Sunday while I sat in a Dunkin Donuts parking lot waiting for my before church cup of coffee! I looked and looked to be sure its breast was red and it was. I couldn't believe a robin could survive here in New Hampshire yet since the snow is very deep and the worms and bugs are still asleep in the deep!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:18 AM

I have flowers blooming in my yard. The first of the year Narcisis (sp) and the birds are singing. We had 78 degrees yesterday.