Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 02-18-2011, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Do I recall correctly that the 15's use the same bobbins as the Featherweight? If yes then I surmise the same low shank feet too? Hopefully yes because I have a Featherweight. Bobbins - check. Walking foot - check. Darning/hopping foot? Don't think so. Where are some of these easy to find feet? Oh - and needles - what ones does the 15-91 take?
No you can not put a 15 bobbin in a FW. The FW has a very skinny little bobbin. The 15 uses a very common bobbin that is much fatter. The only machine that I know of that uses the same bobbin as the FW is the 301 (I believe that is the case anyway).

But, yes the feet you use on your FW will fit the 15's. I just ordered a hopping/darning foot on-line. Do a search, they are very easy to find.

All the Schmetz 15x1 needles work on the 15 just like the FW.

I hope this helps.

Nancy
Old 02-18-2011, 04:48 PM

Donnamare, Im drooling on hubbys droid...
Old 02-18-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
Originally Posted by luv2learn
Originally Posted by Donna Mare
Here is another one I am looking at. Whatcha think on this one? Paint looks decent. Alot of accesories in a cabinet.
DonnaMare, this is really a pretty decal pattern. Congratulations!

Weedwoman: That's funny to me that on your other one, you are trying to remove the remaining decals because they are too far gone, when most of us are trying to save what's left! I bet it is pretty shiny black. That is the look I want for that special 15 I'm searching for. .. . shiny black and chrome!!
I was kinda torn about removing all the silvered decals on the redeye but she looked so ragged and embarrassed and now she looks shiny and proud. OMG, I think maybe I've finally lost it, I'm giving them feelings and emotions. I think I'll go look at a quilting book for therapy. lol
LOL, but these ladies do talk to us, they even purr.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm always happy to show off my new sewing room. I downloaded some pics on webshots, and they can be found here: http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...78470011jjMxMP
Happy Treadler, love the sewing room and your machines! Wow, you have a Davis VF, a Two Spools, and a very nice blue 128 and what else? I couldn't tell, looked like you also have a 15, not sure of the rest? Very nice set up!

Nancy
Old 02-18-2011, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm always happy to show off my new sewing room. I downloaded some pics on webshots, and they can be found here: http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...78470011jjMxMP
Happy Treadler, love the sewing room and your machines! Wow, you have a Davis VF, a Two Spools, and a very nice blue 128 and what else? I couldn't tell, looked like you also have a 15, not sure of the rest? Very nice set up!
Thanks! I will fill u on on my herd 2morrow. I hate using hubbys phone 4 email!

Nancy
Old 02-18-2011, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
Do I recall correctly that the 15's use the same bobbins as the Featherweight? If yes then I surmise the same low shank feet too? Hopefully yes because I have a Featherweight. Bobbins - check. Walking foot - check. Darning/hopping foot? Don't think so. Where are some of these easy to find feet? Oh - and needles - what ones does the 15-91 take?
No you can not put a 15 bobbin in a FW. The FW has a very skinny little bobbin. The 15 uses a very common bobbin that is much fatter. The only machine that I know of that uses the same bobbin as the FW is the 301 (I believe that is the case anyway).

But, yes the feet you use on your FW will fit the 15's. I just ordered a hopping/darning foot on-line. Do a search, they are very easy to find.

All the Schmetz 15x1 needles work on the 15 just like the FW.

I hope this helps.

Nancy
Thank you - this helps immensely! Now if I can just keep it straight in my brain once & for all! About the bobbins - would the ones you are talking about be the same as for my 403a? Those are fatter & definitely different from my Featherweight bobbins. And since these are the only 2 Singers I've owned I don't know what else is out there.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:48 PM

I now have all the parts that I need for my ladies. It is a good to see them back together. I now have cabinets left to get or refinish. My 66 I paid way to much for, but they said that they were going to put it in the yard for yard art. I just can not imagine doing that to these wonderful ladies so I bought it and now have to refinish the cabinet. Kathie
Old 02-18-2011, 05:52 PM

Happy Treadler,

What a beautiful sewing space and what a wonderful collection of sewing machines!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:01 PM

Would someone please explain what a friction drive motor is, and could it be what I have on my White Rotary shown on page 617?
Old 02-18-2011, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by luv2learn
Would someone please explain what a friction drive motor is, and could it be what I have on my White Rotary shown on page 617?
link to one: http://needlebar.org/cm~nb/displayimage.php?album=12&pos=7

Does your bobbin winder wheel sit on your sewing wheel? I think that is what drives the bobbin winder to make it work.