Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011 >

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

Old 02-15-2011, 08:49 PM

Try a different browser. I discovered that if I print from Firefox each page was different. Someone (bless them) suggested trying to print from Explorer. It worked. If I want to print out a web page, I must go through Explorer.
Old 02-15-2011, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by margie77072
Try a different browser. I discovered that if I print from Firefox each page was different. Someone (bless them) suggested trying to print from Explorer. It worked. If I want to print out a web page, I must go through Explorer.
I don't have my own geek to find something safe to download for my mac OS X .4 Never mind. It looked like fun, but I have wasted 4 hours on this already. If someone is willing to email them. I would appreciate it, you can PM for my email. If not, there are other patterns for me to paper piece on. Have fun everyone.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
Might have been a fun BOM. I am not willing to waste anymore paper and ink for a pattern I can't print. Done trying to use patterns from quilter's cache. None of them print right.
I am so sorry that you are having trouble printing out your pattern!! :( I am hoping that someone reading this will know how to help you!! Any more suggestions for her, anyone? PLEASE!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 02-16-2011, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
Originally Posted by margie77072
I don't have my own geek to find something safe to download for my mac OS X .4 Never mind. It looked like fun, but I have wasted 4 hours on this already. If someone is willing to email them. I would appreciate it, you can PM for my email. If not, there are other patterns for me to paper piece on. Have fun everyone.
My hubby has a Mac and I tried to print from it one time and it was complicated, but I if I remember correctly I got it to work using this information here (from the Quilters Cache website FAQ):

Due to the different screen resolutions between the Mac (100dpi) and PC (72dpi) platform, Mac users will need to set the scaling in the page setup dialogue box to 94% in order to use the templates. Otherwise, they will print too large. ..and thanks go to Krystal Hosmer for this info and apple picture :o)

Dorothy sends this PRINTING FROM A MAC INFO: I have discovered the BEST way to print templates the right size. In OS X (maybe earlier
versions too, I'm not sure) one of the Print options you have is to save the file as PDF. If I do that, then print from the PDF, the templates print the right size, without having to figure out percentages to shrink the templates.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:18 AM

I too have a mac. The first one to print was a NIGHTMARE. I promised myself with the second one, I would only try twice. On the very first try it was correct. I don't know why it printed correctly. I made a few copies of the pattern so I wouldn't have to go to the website. I printed it out in safari. My mac is an older computer 10.3 I will not print pattern after pattern. It was a waste of paper and ink. I try twice and that's it. Sorry quilters cache.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Linda 2B
Hi,
I'm new to this forum but found your BOM and thought I'd like to do this since it will give me some practice PPing. I'll have to do some catching up but this should be fun!
Hi Welcome, love your avatar! I want to do this one too but haven't started yet. I will have to catch up too.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:41 PM

Thanks anyway. I will find a less stressful PP to do. I appreciate all of the help offered, it is just not something I am supposed to do. Bye.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:15 PM

Ok I have Jans pattern printed out and will start working on it a little as I find time.
Come on starshine lets not get to far behind! :D
Old 02-17-2011, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by Linda 2B
Ok I have Jans pattern printed out and will start working on it a little as I find time.
Come on starshine lets not get to far behind! :D
Come on girls, lets get started on those blocks, so you can share your pictures with all of us!! We love to see pictures!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 02-18-2011, 05:23 PM

What a challenge ! I need a quiet day to get into this one...