Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just had to tell someone >

Just had to tell someone

Just had to tell someone

Old 02-18-2011, 06:19 PM

Wonderful morning! Glad you were there. Over here in PA, the sun did shine all day and temp to 63. Didn't see any robins, but I do know that our grass is green (only a patch or two of the white stuff left...are we anxious? Have a good day tomorrow.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:22 PM

I have been waiting for the Martins to arrive, they usually are here by the 14th of Feb, but they are no shows..hope the beautiful weather we had last week will get them here soon, cause when I hear the Martins..I know Spring is here!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:46 PM

here in Florida last week I had a52 on my lawn,, they stay here ingroups for about 2 weeks, then should show up in lots in Michigan ... start looking!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:35 PM

That is fantastic! I had a red tailed hawk looking at me through my kitchen window the other morning! I was in AWE! Ran to get the camera and he was gone!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:55 PM

I was raking leaves (from last Fall) yesterday & almost walked up on a Robin. I have been watching the Moon get fuller & fuller & tonight (Fri 18th) it's really huge. There's a huge tree outside my kitchen window, & I can see the Full Moon shining through some tal, tall branches. Scary looking. Here in NE Alabama, it's supposed to be in 60s tomorrow & 70 - 71 Sun. Sorry some are still in Winter Mode.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:20 PM

I was home awhile, switched into a long sleeved non flannel nightgown just to get out of my day clothes. Planned to stay home, cut out a pattern and cook. Well first I decided to look for some fabric and while going through my stash got too warm; long sleeves had to go. Short sleeved tee shirt dress is the attire at the moment; windows are open-wow it is so springlike. But I don't trust it one bit; we have been known to have late freezes come after the peach trees in Stonewall and Fredericksburg have budded and the crop gets wiped out. Not good for the economy around there. A few years back we had snow in April, Easter Eve in fact. I have a picture on my computer at the office of a field of bluebonnets surrounding an oak tree, and a light blanket of white snow hanging on to the pretty bluebonnets. My grandmother told me once years ago back in the late 70's that when she was just a girl it snowed in April, and we are talking just 30 miles south of Austin. I thought to myself "not in my lifetime will I ever see that" and boy was I wrong. Had she still been living when that April snow fell she would have seen two snows in April in her lifetime! In 1949 we had a temperature of zero in this area; I was just two years old and my mother and aunt took pictures of me in front of a field of solid white on the farm where my grandmother and grandpa lived, which was just down the road from us. Memories...boy am I long winded tonight!
Old 02-18-2011, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
Good morning! I was looking out my living room window just now(God gave the most beautiful sunrise this morning) and I Saw Two Robins! A good sign that spring is on the way! Makes me want to break out the spring table runners and maybe make a new one. Just had to tell someone. DH is still in bed, too early to call friends or sisters. Have a great day! Lisa :D :D :D
Haven't seen robins here yet, but quite a bit of our snow is gone (we're forecast to have more this weekend, though, drn it!) However, yesterday I heard some Canadian honkers overhead and today I saw three of them flying!
Old 02-19-2011, 07:18 AM

Thanks for sharing that. I woke this A.M. to let my hairy friend out and we are getting snow. Great Big flakes, it is very heavy and wet.. Looks very pretty, But I am sooo ready for spring. :lol: :oops: :cry:
Old 02-19-2011, 07:27 AM

WUWU!! :D DH and I noticed birds yesterday. We went downtown and all you could hear was birds chirping. It was so lovely! I for one can not WAIT for this snow to be gone and our flowers to come back! :D Thanks for sharing the lovely news!
Old 02-19-2011, 07:55 AM

I saw some Robins yesterday and I had a perfect jonquil bloom yesterday, God's promise of beautiful things to come!