Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 >

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

[DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011

Old 02-20-2011, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Well, I got a message saying that the board moved my thread on the scallops from the Block of the week section (where all the Jane threads are located) to the tute section. Hopefully it won't be a problem since it IS still listed in the virtual section...but geesh!

Yeah Elle, I know what you mean...I peppered Lesley with a million questions as she finished before me. It would be sooo hard to have to figure this all out by yourself! :lol:
Okay got to pepper you with a question. Just looked at the scallop for the first time in the pattern section. What size did you print them out at 4.5 x 4.5. I need a bit of help please thanks in advance
Old 02-20-2011, 06:25 AM

Patti, Chocolate Jane is STUNNING!!! I'm so happy for you!!! :D

LOVELY, LOVELY, LOVELY ::happy dance::

I love the effect of the scallops meeting the tri's, it looks like you didn't pebble the seam area, and I really like that effect.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

Elle, my scallops ended up being 2.5" deep by the 5.5" wide. click on "size from quilt" and you will be ok. I made my scallops bigger than the original design. I did that in the border section to let the software draw the template for me though. You do it on Layer 1.

Meredith...thank you! I did draw a line about 1/2" above the seam line and left it blank. I didn't want to have a solid pebble thingie.....too much pebbling I was afraid (besides, it would have taken me longer to do) LOL! I like how it turned out though. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:37 AM

Thanks for the info Patti, off to print some out
Old 02-20-2011, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
How is everyone doing on their quilt, y'all are a bit quiet.

Cīmon if you need a nudge this is the place to get it. Fess up what you all doing at this moment.

Best I fess up as well. So far I have quilted in the ditch so that the backing is attached to everything I am on row 3 of 13. Someone give me a swift kick please. I still have to do my border though and scallops.
Well, Elle I finished my quilt top the end of Janaury, and mine will be machine quilted. :D I have worked, a little, on my backing, it's not ready yet, but close! I think I mentioned I am using my left over fabrics from the quilt top for the backing!

(((Excuses))) I'm busy with other projects for the time being and I just really needed a break from Jane! :oops: But my intentions, are to finish her within the schedule!! :D
Old 02-20-2011, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by wilhelmina
Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
How is everyone doing on their quilt, y'all are a bit quiet.

Cīmon if you need a nudge this is the place to get it. Fess up what you all doing at this moment.

Best I fess up as well. So far I have quilted in the ditch so that the backing is attached to everything I am on row 3 of 13. Someone give me a swift kick please. I still have to do my border though and scallops.
Well, Elle I finished my quilt top the end of Janaury, and mine will be machine quilted. :D I have worked, a little, on my backing, it's not ready yet, but close! I think I mentioned I am using my left over fabrics from the quilt top for the backing!

(((Excuses))) I'm busy with other projects for the time being and I just really needed a break from Jane! :oops: But my intentions, are to finish her within the schedule!! :D

Great to hear from you again and to know you are still going to finish DJ , I know we all get into doing other things and they have to be done whether we want to or not, but its so nice you are still poodling along with us all.

Elle
Old 02-20-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Well, I got a message saying that the board moved my thread on the scallops from the Block of the week section (where all the Jane threads are located) to the tute section. Hopefully it won't be a problem since it IS still listed in the virtual section...but geesh!

Yeah Elle, I know what you mean...I peppered Lesley with a million questions as she finished before me. It would be sooo hard to have to figure this all out by yourself! :lol:
Why don't you copy the tute and name it something else. Then you can put it in the DJ section??
Old 02-20-2011, 05:54 PM

Love hearing about everyones progress on their DJ. I'm still plugging away on row K. Did,nt get as much done as my DH took me to B-day breakie and then he wanted to go for a ride, so will pick it up later this evening.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:55 PM

Love your avatar Esq!!! Looks difficult!
Old 02-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

Happy Birthday Jan! I know you'll be making progress, even if its just a little. You know thats all it takes...a little at a time!

Esq, the scallop thread is listed in the virtual section...just not the Block of the week section. Hopefully everyone can find it there. I think most people are using the virtual section to find all the weeks threads anyway.