Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Jean Auel's~Earth's Children >

Jean Auel's~Earth's Children

Jean Auel's~Earth's Children

Old 02-20-2011, 08:43 AM

This series of book fits no other category of books I have read (and enjoyed). When I first was recommended "Clan of the Cave Bear" I thought it sounded like NOTHING I would ever like. Even reading the jacket cover, I thought this would be a book I'll never finish. But I was only maybe 10 or 20 pages into the book and I was hooked! Many kudos to the author on her amazing talent!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:52 AM

OMgosh. Now you have me wanting to start the other series. I read the CLan of the Cave Bear and the following ones. I heard she passed and her family finished the series. WHo knows.....Thanks for sharing. YOu can get her autograph another way.SOme authurs will let you email them and they wiull sign a book label and mail it to you personalized and all and you stick it on the inside of the book. I have all of Lisa Scottoline's book, half signed by her, the other half with labels. Hope you can google this under her name and see.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
OMgosh. Now you have me wanting to start the other series. I read the CLan of the Cave Bear and the following ones. I heard she passed and her family finished the series. WHo knows.....Thanks for sharing. YOu can get her autograph another way.SOme authurs will let you email them and they wiull sign a book label and mail it to you personalized and all and you stick it on the inside of the book. I have all of Lisa Scottoline's book, half signed by her, the other half with labels. Hope you can google this under her name and see.
this is what I am leery of also that her helper finished it. the woman that was working on them with her.
In will know as soon as read it because she has a very distinctive writing style. still want to see how it will end :)
Old 02-20-2011, 09:03 AM

JUST GOOGLED THIS DEBBIE...

Is jean auel still alive?
In: Ancient History [Edit categories]
Portland Couponswww.Groupon.com/Portland
1 ridiculously huge coupon a day. Like doing Portland at 90% off!
Ads
[Improve]

Yes, Jean Auel is alive and still writing. Her next book will be the sixth volume in the Earth's Children series. She was a featured speaker in November, 2008, at the National Science Teacher's Association (NSTA) convention in Portland, Oregon.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:15 AM

WOW, I am so glad I saw this. I have read the series and always wanted to know how it ended. I can't wait!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:29 AM

I love this series! Did not know there was a new one coming out though. Put them in my school library and only one or two kids have read them. Kids say they are too long! Don't know what they are missing! It's been awhile since I read this though I may have to start over and read all of them!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:59 PM

I've read every one and preordered the new one for my kindle. Can't wait! Kind of sad at the same time though...I'll miss Ayla and Jondalar.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Power Poster

I pre-ordered mine from Amazon. It comes out on March 27 (or 29) and DH already knows to NOT bother me for the next 2 days.

The fourth one in the series sort of stunk, but Auel picked up the story line again with Shelters of Stone. One of the things I read in an interview is that Ayla will not be reunited with her son Durc. She supposedly finds out what happens with him but never meets him again.

When I have a real downer, I usually skim through these books to help perk me up again.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:48 PM

I liked Jondalar's name so much that I named a new filly Andolare (her name had to start with A).
Old 02-21-2011, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I pre-ordered mine from Amazon. It comes out on March 27 (or 29) and DH already knows to NOT bother me for the next 2 days.

The fourth one in the series sort of stunk, but Auel picked up the story line again with Shelters of Stone. One of the things I read in an interview is that Ayla will not be reunited with her son Durc. She supposedly finds out what happens with him but never meets him again.

When I have a real downer, I usually skim through these books to help perk me up again.
I pre-ordered mine from Amazon also...was much cheaper :)