Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
If I got paid for... >

If I got paid for...

If I got paid for...

Old 02-20-2011, 05:47 PM

Loved your story! I agree with LivelyLady, you should send it to one of the quilt magazines. you do have talent!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:57 PM

Your story is too funny. The frustration of dealing with a poorly behaving machine and just finding out it was something simple that was overlooked. So many of us can relate!
Old 02-20-2011, 06:59 PM

Thanks so much for sharing this story, I can totally relate. Sometimes I stun myself at how stupid I could be and often wonder if it would really be possible for me to finish something without messing up. Anytime I start feeling cocky about something is a sure sign I have not noticed the error of my ways......
Maybe I need to take up drinking......
Old 02-20-2011, 08:49 PM

Loved your story! Looking forward to your Bailey's solution to a frustrating situation. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Power Poster

Oh my gosh.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:13 PM

Oh, Lea, you inspired me to get out the Disaronno. Baileys would keep me awake, and I really need to get some sleep. Honey, for Days! I’ve been trying to figure a pattern in EQ6. It says I need 1,462 - 1 ½" squares. NO WAY. I know this pattern can be strip pieced.

All that has been said to this point, is echoed in my mind. As I was absorbing your dilemmas, I kept wondering why the Quilt Police hadn’t intervened. Remote location? Naw - each time you stepped out to admire the grace of Nature, they slipped in to hit up the cream liqueur. (You’d better check the specific gravity in the whiskey - it may have been watered down to keep you from getting suspicious.) Take note quilters: Save the Fat Quarters. Leave the liquor cabinet unlocked, with a trail of cheese straws to show the location. Now all we need worry about is the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. At least I won’t worry about having the book thrown at me - there is no tobacco on my property.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by babyboomerquilter
You should be a journalist!Great descriptions with all the feelings in it,yep you should be a writer. And by the way, Iv'e been there too with the machine problems!Better days ahead!
I agree. Loved your story and your humor. Thanks :lol:
Old 02-21-2011, 03:53 AM

What is worse with a balky machine, having done all that, is to discover that the only problem was it didn't like the thread...or the needle!
Next time!
Old 02-21-2011, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by char in MI
Loved your story! I agree with LivelyLady, you should send it to one of the quilt magazines. you do have talent!
Would I get money! LOL
Old 02-21-2011, 08:57 AM

Sometimes one has to walk away for several minutes and smell the roses. Coming back with the aid of a fresher memory helps. If I keep trying to go on I just make more errors. I have been meeting more with my seam ripper than I have time for. Best of luck to your recovery. You really are very interesting when you tell your story. Thank You.