Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

weight loss challenge with a prize feb sign up.........closes feb 2 @ 8am

Old 02-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I guess I have to step up the exercise because I did not lose any weight this week. I have 5 weeks left to lose 30 pounds or reschedule the surgery.

*praying* Please don't make me have to reschedule!

I will up my calories to 1000-1100 and increase activity and see how that goes.

Missy is one worried cookie err salad...*sigh*
It will start to come off. Being it was just the first week your body was probably trying to adjust to the new eating plan. Hang in there, I believe you can do it.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Little man is feeling much better tonight. Wish I could say the same for me. Well I guess I am feeling a little better. My throat doesn't feel as bad and my sinus pressure is gone but I am so tired.

I just realised that I started getting sick when I stopped my new eating habits. Hopefully this will be a lesson learned and it's time to get serious again. I say that as I am eating a bowl of frosted mini wheats. LOL!!
Old 02-22-2011, 05:42 AM

Good Morning everyone!

I've been reading about a lot of folks becoming ill with whatever bugs are rampaging this time of year. My only issue has been allergies. Pollens are becoming a problem around here and I'm staying stuffed up. I haven't really been sick at all this year but sometimes I'm exhausted from not being able to breathe with ease.

I haven't been here because I have been pushing HARD to get my various projects done! Right now I'm knitting up my husband's socks and preparing the fabric to make window treatments for the four windows that don't have any. I have 19 more projects that need to be finished. My FQ stash is waiting for me!

To date, I've lost only 4.4 lbs since the beginning of February. But that's 4.4 lbs more gone! Especially after a no-loss-January.

I've been catching up on all the posts here and can only say that I pray that everyone gets better. It's really tough being ill.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by Leann
...There is so much stuff going around.

I've been kinda lurking also. Not sick, praise God, knee issues. Really struggling to not whine or be a B! Coping with pain is the pits. At least our weather is decent. Sorry for the new snow falling.

Big hugs to all.
Ditto the lurking. About the only thing I'm dealing with besides allergies is when the fibromyalgia flares up. I'm on Humira for it but I still can trigger an attack when I do too much heavy work. Cleaning the yard two days in a row kept me so crippled that I didn't move at all this last Sunday. Even breathing hurts when it gets that bad. Laying down is agony. Once I stop moving around, the pain will recede a little. I'm much better today.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by remclave

I've been kinda lurking also. Not sick, praise God, knee issues. Really struggling to not whine or be a B! Coping with pain is the pits. At least our weather is decent. Sorry for the new snow falling.

Big hugs to all.
Ditto the lurking. About the only thing I'm dealing with besides allergies is when the fibromyalgia flares up. I'm on Humira for it but I still can trigger an attack when I do too much heavy work. Cleaning the yard two days in a row kept me so crippled that I didn't move at all this last Sunday. Even breathing hurts when it gets that bad. Laying down is agony. Once I stop moving around, the pain will recede a little. I'm much better today.
Losing weight and my change in diet (more water and vegetables) has reduced the pain in my joints, skin etc. I think my diet plays an important part in this as my hand pain and skin sensitivity is almost gone.

What I'm trying to say as you lose the weight and change your eating habits I hope you'll see a decrease in your allergies and fibromyalgia.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
Losing weight and my change in diet (more water and vegetables) has reduced the pain in my joints, skin etc. I think my diet plays an important part in this as my hand pain and skin sensitivity is almost gone.

What I'm trying to say as you lose the weight and change your eating habits I hope you'll see a decrease in your allergies and fibromyalgia.
You are so right about that Carol. I was thrilled when my family could hug me again without me going "OUCH". I can now rub lotion on my skin without feeling like I was leaving a trail of bruised muscles behind. So I have been feeling much better since I started losing weight in August 2010. I'm actually down a total of 45+ pounds and I have only experienced real pain and puffiness when I ate one of those cheese sticks at IHOP. Needless to say, wheat based food (the coating on the cheese sticks in this case) is no longer part of my way of eating and I feel MUCH better for it!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Headache is finally gone. Thank you Lord!!! Still feeling a little nauseated. Did eat some soup for dinner that I've kept down so far. Trying to drink as much fluids as I can to rehydrate my system. This has been going on long enough. It's time to be well. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a "well" day for me.

I hope the rest of you that have been under the weather, are feeling better also. Night all~ Sandy
Happy you are feeling much better, Sandy. Take care. Donna G
Old 02-22-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by remclave

Big hugs to all.
I feel your pain. I, too, have fibromyalgia. I am on Cymbalta which does help a little. However, my right upper arm is what hurts the most, even though it is all over pain. I just keep going until it gets so bad, I have to stop. I have found that yoga helps because it does stretch the muscles. Take care of yourself. Donna G
Old 02-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Banned

OK............I am on a roll so don't take it personally, or take it personal if you want I don't care.

Everyone complains of aches and pains from old age or illness. Knees hurting and back aches..........what the heck do we all expect we are carrying around TONS of extra weight. Do we expect to not ache? We have no one to blame but ourselves. How much weight could those itty bitty bones hold. We all talk about how much we have to loss or want to lose but MOST of us that is all it is we TALK and don't do. Yes I lost 30 lbs last year then I yoyo. I am doing something wrong. I THOUGHT I weighed and measured everything exact but I must not be or I would be losing. The ONLY thing that I know is exact is the amount of time I exercise becase I TIME it. My dads favorite expression was sh** or get off the pot. I had yogurt with prunes for breakfast I will sh** I will no longer be lingering on the pot. I WILL start to lose again. So stop your bit**ing and complaing about aches and pains do something about, the less weight you have the less pain there will be. If I am doing someting wrong with my diet so are you. And while you are at it you will be becoming a healthier you!!!!!!!!!!!!

your fearless leader.........trupeach
Old 02-22-2011, 12:39 PM

I joined on the 1st of Feb. but never went downstairs to weigh myself. Have a bit of agoraphoria & anxiety & have started therapy this month after phych eval for meds. have not done very well this month (also my 69th bday this week). Think I need to stay on the more positive side of things, rather than the complaining side. Am reading several books by Geneen Roth "Why Weight", Women,Food & God" She tries to help one get over the obsession with food & dieting. Just treat yourself well. Maybe concentrate on adding things to your diet (fruits, veg, whole grains,WATER) instead of depriving yourself of things. I'm trying so hard to be positive. Love this board & read every day (too many hours) Really need to see some comments in a positive vein. Diane