Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures. >

I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:32 AM

Sulsbug and Bizzielizzie, thank you for your encouraging thoughts.....DH is some better and as I predicted he's going out to golf today...hope he does not regret it.... On my way out of town to stay with grandkids until Friday..Son and wife taking trip, which is well deserved.... I will be back working on the Farmhouse and Star BOM soon. It's amazing how everyone builds their house.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by candi
Mommamac and Lucemae, your farmhouses are adorable, love the yoyo tree and the quilt on the porch :thumbup:

How did you know that March's block isn't PP, Mommamac?
I read it somewhere - hope it wasn't in a dream, don't want to start rumors. lol
Old 02-23-2011, 08:41 AM

Any of you quilters out there, any advice, or bad experience's on the pattern for those of us who have not conquered or started it?
Old 02-23-2011, 09:08 AM

i would suggest reading as much of the postings as you can. unless you are like me, and just go for it. wrong side of fabric to wrong side of pattern, and don't forget the 1/4 inch seam between each piece. don't forget to count your order of piecing. l, 2, 3, 4,...... 1/4 inch 'very careful seam'. double check everything before you cut. i ended up cutting off my good block a couple times. and,,,,,,, i do like the careful, exactness of true paper piecing. don't be chicken. nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by mommamac
At last!!! This little house really gave me a run for my money. Lots of ripping, lots of teeny hand stitches to 'fix' carpenter errors. lol Really wanted to adapt the tree somehow & finally went with a yo-yo - figure that symbolizes my 'back & forth' ideas!

Glad to know March is a break from PP... :thumbup:
I'm new to quilting and most things I do are for the first time.
I never made a yo-yo but I do love your tree, do you mind it I steal it for my blocks also?
I haven't done the farmhouse yet, call me chicken.
I'll need to go back and embellish my church block with one, and do it for all the blocks to come.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Veronica
I'm new to quilting and most things I do are for the first time.
I never made a yo-yo but I do love your tree, do you mind it I steal it for my blocks also?
I haven't done the farmhouse yet, call me chicken.
I'll need to go back and embellish my church block with one, and do it for all the blocks to come.
I always told my students that if someone wants to copy what you do that is the highest form of compliment you can receive. So go for it & thanks for the compliment!
Old 02-23-2011, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by candi
And I am done!!
Your two blocks look so pretty together! :thumbup:
Old 02-23-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by mommamac
At last!!! This little house really gave me a run for my money. Lots of ripping, lots of teeny hand stitches to 'fix' carpenter errors. lol Really wanted to adapt the tree somehow & finally went with a yo-yo - figure that symbolizes my 'back & forth' ideas!

Glad to know March is a break from PP... :thumbup:
Oh what a great idea using a yo - yo for the tree. The flowers are cute. Nice job.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:38 PM

OMG, I have to hurry up! 4 days left and I haven't finished it!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by hheelleenn
Any of you quilters out there, any advice, or bad experience's on the pattern for those of us who have not conquered or started it?
The hard thing bout this particular pattern, to me anyway, is the small pieces involved in the porch and rails area, the other parts are no harder than the church block I think...for these small parts, I would suggest not following the numbers the pattern suggest for PP..I always find it easier and more accurate to start in the middle and then add to each side, versus starting on one side and proceeding further. Just make sure once your have all the parts pieced, leave the paper on, match the parts together so that the 1/4 inch seam line on the outside is matching on both pieces, and then baste on the line, open and check that it matches good enough and if it does, go ahead and sew it down.. If not, at least you don't have to rip the tiny stitches.

Hope this helps you. Come back if you need more assistance.