Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
recycled/repurposed Denim projects >

recycled/repurposed Denim projects

recycled/repurposed Denim projects

Old 02-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pdunn56
DH had a thing with denim for a while...here's my favorite...
oh my..how fun is this quilt...
I am trying to find a pix of one that I saw in Dallas back in 2003 at an exhibit..it used the back pockets and the fronts and zippers opened to reveal I spy fabrics...really cute...
Old 02-23-2011, 07:10 PM

Love the jacket. Did you use a shirt and or a pattern.
Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
Here are projects that I have re-purposed with old jeans (and I still have more jeans to recycle) :lol:
Old 02-23-2011, 07:11 PM

What great ideas! I am struggling with getting rid of my son's t shirts and jeans. I'd love to make some quilts from his clothing but I don't know if I am emotionally strong enough to do it. He passed away a little over a year ago at 26 from complication with diabetes. I'd love to cuddle up in is clothes. Hard to even finish this post just thinking about it.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jenni M
What great ideas! I am struggling with getting rid of my son's t shirts and jeans. I'd love to make some quilts from his clothing but I don't know if I am emotionally strong enough to do it. He passed away a little over a year ago at 26 from complication with diabetes. I'd love to cuddle up in is clothes. Hard to even finish this post just thinking about it.
sorry to hear of your loss! Having diabetes myself I know what a struggle life with this disease can be!

Having said that, make the quilt..you will snuggle into so well...really...I did this for my boys when their dad passed away suddenly from pnuemonia in 2009. Just one week after his 51st birthday. He had not seen his sons in 14 years, but they still loved him and cherish his flannel shirt quilts they own now!
Old 02-23-2011, 07:17 PM

how neat... I made some of those jeans purses for all my granddaughters one Christmas. They just loved them.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
sorry to hear of your loss! Having diabetes myself I know what a struggle life with this disease can be!

Having said that, make the quilt..you will snuggle into so well...really...I did this for my boys when their dad passed away suddenly from pnuemonia in 2009. Just one week after his 51st birthday. He had not seen his sons in 14 years, but they still loved him and cherish his flannel shirt quilts they own now!
Did you use a certain pattern? I'm not sure where to start, but I know I need to begin somewhere. It's hard to touch the memories.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:23 PM

those are really cool ideas
Old 02-23-2011, 07:24 PM

Jenni , so sorry for your pain at losing your son , but a memory quilt would be a wonderful way to honor him and wrap yourself in his love. You will know when you are ready..God bless you
Old 02-23-2011, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by pdunn56
Jenni , so sorry for your pain at losing your son , but a memory quilt would be a wonderful way to honor him and wrap yourself in his love. You will know when you are ready..God bless you
Thank you and please pray for me.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:31 PM

It took me several years before I could make a quilt from my husband's clothes...it was really hard getting started....and I did have a lot of tears making the quilt....but they were healing tears. That quilt was for my youngest son...and I still have more fabric to make more quilts...when I am up to doing the rest.