Paducah quilt show

Old 02-25-2011, 05:44 AM

Forgive the typo thats Loneoak
Old 02-25-2011, 05:50 AM
Banned

I and DH plan on going. If we can find a place to stay.
DH was looking on line for hotels and they are all booked solid!

We will spend the one night at his sister's place which is about 2 hours away.

We are making it a short/fast trip but hope to spend Fri and Sat at the show/area.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I am hoping I will be able to go this year.

edited to say: I have never been and I live 30 to 40 minutes from Paducah.
SHAME ON YOU! You are going this yr!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:17 AM

i went a few years ago--what and where is loneoak?
Old 02-25-2011, 07:17 AM

We're going. Found a room for Tues & Wed nights. I've been very lucky & have gone to every show since 1996. Wow that's a long time! Some of my best memories will be the quilt shows. But we need to plan a get together! Maybe meet for lunch or dinner. I'm getting there Tues. night so when I get up Wed. I can get to the convention center & do the show & vendors. Then Thurs. I am going back to redo what ever I missed or really liked. Really glad I'm not going to be there on Friday because they bring women in by the bus loads & I do mean by the bus load! It gets really crowded Friday & Sat. I've been going long enough that I have my favorite things & places to do & know what I can leave out. Hancocks, it's nice, but not worth the crowd to me. Would rather do Hobby Lobby there or the vendors downtown. I'm not into being like cattle being herded thru isles to get fabric. But I can't wait. We should start a count down! I only live 2 hours away so I can come back for the get together if you all decide to do one on a day that I'm not there. Can always find someone that wants to go with me too!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
I and DH plan on going. If we can find a place to stay.
DH was looking on line for hotels and they are all booked solid!

We will spend the one night at his sister's place which is about 2 hours away.

We are making it a short/fast trip but hope to spend Fri and Sat at the show/area.
Most hotels-motels are booked a yr in advance. They have gotten where they cater to bus tours. I have been booted out of 3 motels because the following year they were only taking bus reservations. Makes me mad, but what can you do?
Old 02-25-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by sewrkristy
I live in Paducah and the show is wonderful. I go every day!
I am just soooo jealous! Go ahead, rub it in!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by sewrkristy
There are venders everwhere. I did not make it to Lonoak and my quilting group said they had a great selection. When you are at the show there are buses that will take to some of these places.
Where is Loneoak? What am I missing? May have to add this to my schedule! ;o}
Old 02-25-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
We're going. Found a room for Tues & Wed nights. I've been very lucky & have gone to every show since 1996. Wow that's a long time! Some of my best memories will be the quilt shows. But we need to plan a get together! Maybe meet for lunch or dinner. I'm getting there Tues. night so when I get up Wed. I can get to the convention center & do the show & vendors. Then Thurs. I am going back to redo what ever I missed or really liked. Really glad I'm not going to be there on Friday because they bring women in by the bus loads & I do mean by the bus load! It gets really crowded Friday & Sat. I've been going long enough that I have my favorite things & places to do & know what I can leave out. Hancocks, it's nice, but not worth the crowd to me. Would rather do Hobby Lobby there or the vendors downtown. I'm not into being like cattle being herded thru isles to get fabric. But I can't wait. We should start a count down! I only live 2 hours away so I can come back for the get together if you all decide to do one on a day that I'm not there. Can always find someone that wants to go with me too!
I thought it was a weekend show.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Banned

The show is April 27 - 30th. Wed - Sat.

Originally Posted by stitchin
Originally Posted by Izaquilter
I thought it was a weekend show.