A Higher Calling

Old 02-25-2011, 08:19 AM

I received a big response to my blog yesterday "What's Your Passion?" to my personal email at my site, and realized something. There are many others out there who have a burning passion to live out their "dreams", but need some encouragement.

It was funny yesterday morning when I started blogging. I must have erased and started on ten different topics until I finally gave up and prayed "Lord, give me an idea to write about today." Then, the next thing you know I was writing about "my story". I left out the weight loss journey. That really was a huge part of leaving my job at the hospital, but that will be told in time.

I am not going to pretend to know a whole lot about becoming a millionaire at quilting. Hey, right now I am in-between quilts and without an income. But, you know something? I have a whole shelf and closet FULL of fabric, plus three stacks of quilting books and magazines up to my hips piled against the wall of my quilt room. Am I poor? Nope. I am so rich that I can't even manage it all!

Think about your own situation. What are your "assets"? Fabric, notions, tools, batting, thread? Hmm...sounds like the beginning of a new quilt project to me. How about to you? Take stock in yourself and your talent. Let's see what you can do with it. You just might surprise yourself!

Live Your Passion!

[email protected]
Old 02-25-2011, 08:24 AM

As I was reading through the entries today, I was just thinking that this Board is very empowering. You just confirmed that. When I was growing up, I never felt quite good enough, smart enough, pretty enough, for my precious mother, whom I loved very much. I have learned through quilting that I can make something beautiful, useful, lasting for the people I love. Everyone loves my quilts and even if they don't ... I don't care because I love them and that's the most important thing! Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:24 PM

I can just feel all the positive vibes everytime I log on. You are all such awesome women and men!!