Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Sewing & Embroidery - $1750 is this a good deal ? >

Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Sewing & Embroidery - $1750 is this a good deal ?

Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Sewing & Embroidery - $1750 is this a good deal ?

Old 02-25-2011, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl
************The ad in question is a scam***************

Originally Posted by QuiltnCowgirl

People aren't reading this thread. I've posted this info. already, so have you as have many others and well, it's just not sinking in...
:cry:
You would think that the bold red would catch someone's attention lol Oh well...that's life :-D
Old 02-25-2011, 08:15 PM

Just a note: The timer can be turned back so you don't know how much sewing has been done. I would take it to a viking dealer and have him/her check it out first.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Power Poster

I noticed a boy you couldn't be more right!! Thanks
Old 02-26-2011, 05:02 AM

Hi there from WI. I have a diamond and just love, love it! you and do huge embroidery, is really pretty user friendly once you get used to it. It reads most all embroidery formats. Has been very dependable. if you can get it for that price, make sure you do a test drive. it is a great price! I have never been sorry for one minute that I bought her.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:56 AM

I live in Nashville, TN and this add was also posted on Craigslist. I responded for more information and the response I received threw up a "red flag". I, too, believe that this is a scam.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:56 AM

Maybe the original poster could edit the title to add " SCAM"? Every page of this thread says SCAM, so even without reading every page, it's clear. The same ad is in 7 cities at least.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lesliesews
I live in Nashville, TN and this add was also posted on Craigslist. I responded for more information and the response I received threw up a "red flag". I, too, believe that this is a scam.
What was the response? So everyone can learn what to watch out for?
Old 02-26-2011, 04:28 PM

This is the email that I received. It just seemed to "smooth".

Thank you for your interest in buying my Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Sewing & Embroidery. This machine has been used less than 24 hours. It is in excellent, like new condition. Here is a nearly new Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond sewing and embroidery machine, the current Viking top of the line! You get the machine and embroidery system in its own optional luggage system along with the optional Designer Majestic Hoop. I am selling this on consignment and tested it - it sewed beautifully with no problems... If you have have any more questions or I missed to answer to any of your questions, please feel free to ask me!
My final price is $1,750 and I will not negotiate it. I sell the machine at this price because I don't need it anymore due to my job (working as a dealer on a cruise ship doesn't leave you too much free time). Also I’m a single woman with some financial problems and I have nobody close who can use it, that's one of the reasons why I've decided to sell it over the internet.

If you're interested and you have the funds, email me back and I am ready to explain you all the details about how we can close this deal.

For pictures please visit: http://www.use.com/f27032665c959d20120d

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Old 02-26-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Lesliesews
This is the email that I received. It just seemed to "smooth".

<snip>I am selling this on consignment <snip>
I sell the machine at this price because I don't need it anymore due to my job <snip>
Well, the first indication that this smells is the contradiction of statements above.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:55 AM

Sadly, I put too much faith in people, I saw the exact same add on Craigs List in Columbus Ohio. I don't understand people. :(