Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What's Next In Pictures? >

What's Next In Pictures?

What's Next In Pictures?

Old 01-18-2009, 07:41 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

I am a new quilter and I love it. This first quilt was the first time for sewing and my first quilt. It was a memory quilt for my son and his wife, both of whom I adore.
The second quilt I made for my niece.
The third is the only picture I have at the moment of one of the 3 quilts I made for my 3 grandsons. I thought you might enjoy them.
The fourth I made for our newest grand child and I designed it myself using the teddybears from the backing material.
Love quilting!! :lol:
Penny

My second quilt for my niece Bree
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24275[/ATTACH]

Unfinished top of My oldest grandson's quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24294[/ATTACH]

front view of memory quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24295[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-24275.jpe
Views:	11
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	24275   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-24294.jpe
Views:	10
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	24294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-24295.jpe
Views:	11
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	24295  
Old 01-18-2009, 08:09 AM

Your quilts are beautiful. I especially love the memory quilt. You can see the love you've put into it in its beauty and in your smile.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:13 AM

Mpeters;
Thank you some much for the complements. Yes a lot of love went into that quilt and it was so much fun to do. Then to see the reaction of my son a daughter-in-law, that was worth it all.
Penny
Old 01-19-2009, 01:35 AM

Great quilts. I love the colors in Bree's quilt.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by mrsj82
Originally Posted by LoriJ
Ok, I'll start. Here is the wall hanging I am working on for my sister's 55th birthday this summer. And I've gathered the fabric and pattern for DD's college quilt, just have to get started on it.
Those look awesome...can I ask you what quilt program you use to have the instructions printed out so nicely? I'm wanting to update mine...from 123 quilt
I don't have a quilting program, though I'd love to. The instructions for weaver feaver I got somewhere on line (can't remember now). I wish I did 'cause I could tell them that the layout for row 9 is wrong (last square should be A1 and is labeled A3) I didn't realize this until AFTER I had sewn the strips and was starting to assemble the squares... ah well, it'll just have to stay a little wonky.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:29 AM

Me too Gail, the back was done in Hoffman's panseys with the gold outline. I had enough left over to add to my stash and hope to include in another quilt, the back was framed in the dark purple batik. It was easy and fun to make the hardest part was getting each fairy centered in a block and not having the same fairy next to each other.
I am glad you liked it. I made it in our sew n' sew at the quilt store near my sister's house in Ithaca, NY. I now have retired in South America, no one quilts here so until recently I have had a hard time getting material, no 100% cotton with designs here. Prices on the internet have since come down and I can get bulk mailing to here. Making a new one, baby quilt from River City Quilts, quilt kit in flannel, will post when I am done.
Thank you for your compliments.
Penny
Old 01-20-2009, 12:13 PM

Loved the bathing beauties but I'm more interested in the ECU quilt! I went there a 100 years ago and where I live there arent too many ECU fans around. Best of luck on it
Old 01-20-2009, 05:49 PM

I can't help but be embarrassed when I hear some of you people say how difficult it is for you to obtain fabric for quilting. And here I sit complaining that we have to travel 30 miles for fabric (until recently a small shop opened 8 miles away). :oops: I apologize for being so whiney.

Also -- several of you have spoken of back fabric. Are you speaking of the "generic" 1o8" muslin? or is there something else that I'm not aware of? I have been buying yardage and piecing it to fit the backs of my quilts.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:26 PM

So since I now know that these quilts are WIP's I won't be so discouraged...lol I've been sitting here staring at my stash wondering which project I'm going to finish first...and then saw all these on here and thought "wow, you're so behind you loser" and then realized ya'll are still working on them...and now I don't feel so bad! LOL

I love the beachladies and the threadhead...they made me chuckle muchly! :D
Old 01-21-2009, 04:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mrsj82
"wow, you're so behind you loser"
I'm sooo relieved that you don't feel this way...my question would be why did you ever? Do you have "drop dead" dates for your quilting?

Quilting should be something that you enjoy and do at your own pace to relax...please don't feel pressure...it takes all the fun away :wink: We love to see your stuff...finished, partially finished..just cut out...or heck..we just like to look at fabric come to think of it! :lol: :lol: