Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi, I am new to this. >

Hi, I am new to this.

Hi, I am new to this.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:50 AM

Hello, Terry.
My name is Miranda. I live right in the center of WV. I am married (8 years just this 31 July) and have two children (5 and 2). I have an online fabric/quilt shop. I sell mostly on eBay.
I like almost any kind of craft or activity.
We have 2 Pom/Chi doggies that stay outside. Lady Dog (black) who is the Mommy to Bumble (white). DD has a cat and we have 3 kitties left that need a home...and she also has a rabbit (Cotton). THey also each have a hermit crab we got at the beach.
This is the first year we have never had a garden, so i planted veggies and pumpkins and sunflowers on the porch and in the flower beds.
My latest addiction is hand-dying fabric.
I have a Brother SE270D sewing and embroidery machine that I love and, as I'm sure you will find out, I love to talk about! LOL!
Old 08-08-2007, 03:03 PM
MCH

Hi, Terry,
Oh, are you in for a good time! This is a top-notch quilting site. Aside from all the quilting knowledge and enthusiasm you will experience, the folks you will "meet" are a delight.

I admit to even accessing this site when I'm away from my computer...and have only my cell phone ( Windows Mobil phone with a web browser). The cool thing is that the techno-genius who makes this site work has developed a format that is compatible with cell phones. Thus, when I access this site from my phone's browser, what I see on my phone looks like what I see when I'm using the desk-top computer.

So, you married your high school sweetheart. Good for you! I can tell you from personal experience that having that common history will "smooth out" some of the rough spots as the years go forward.

My husband and I first met when we were in jr. high school...had a genuine mutual dislike for each other. But, by the time we were sophmores in high school, things began to change a bit. I think my parents were hoping that when we each went to different colleges (only 40 miles apart in Illinois), the whole thing would go away. He wasn't exactly one of their favorite people...let's see, he was in the National Honor Society, had won a music scholarship to the Berklee School of Musis in Boston, was an Eagle Scout, and was very active in his church youth group...and was accepted into the undergraduate physics program at MIT. (Unfortunately, his parents couldn't affor the tuition -- $3,000 / year in 1964). My grades improved 100% while we were in high school. He continually challenged me to get all A's.

We dated all through college and were married shorthly thereafter. That was in 1968. So, nearly 40 years later, after moving from Illinois => NY=>Illinois=>CA, being blessed with and raising 2 wonderful sons (ages 33 and 38 -- one is in sales / marketing and the younger one is truly a rocket scientist) who think their Mom is the best, having assorted dogs, cats, and birds live with us over the years, and having experienced innumeralbe instances of good times and the a few of the bad, as well as the "richer" and "poorer" times, we're still having a great time with each other.

Enjoy each other and the decades together on the horizon.

Oh, and BTW, my husband is my biggest cheerleader relative to my quilts. Actually, he's my biggest cheerleader, periodl

MHeuser
Old 08-08-2007, 03:42 PM

Hi Terry, welcome. I just joined too, having lots of fun.

I would love to see some of the Amish quilts in your area, I took a class from a woman who has roots there, I loved it. I want to make more, just need to find some time.

You want to know what motivates us to quilt, I just have to. I quilt therefore I am. :lol:
Old 08-08-2007, 07:23 PM

Hi Terry. I'm a mother of 4 also. Three boys (24,22,21) and a girl(20), a lab/beagle mix named Piper and her partner in crime, Merlin the magical pussycat. We have some nice Amish families in our northern NY area that make beautiful quilts too. They inspired me to make one for son #3. Would love to see your quilts.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:42 PM

Hi I am new to this site.I am from Clanwilliam in South Africa and love to quilt. Married to a great guy and have two married children and 3 handsome grandsons. I have 4 cats and 2 dogs and have lots of time for my quilting as we have retired.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:18 PM

hi,
welcome. I hope you enjoy quilting as much as I do!
Denise
Old 09-13-2007, 07:14 AM

Hi Terry and SewSue,
Welcome welcome welcome! We love to quilt here, bunch of women and a couple of brave men. We'll be glad to get to know you both and to share anything and everything with you.

I also have a son in Iraq, 2nd tour. He's told me he'll be home with his family about 12 months then be heading to Afghanistan. I will keep your son in my prayers as well. Do tell him we're all thankful to him.

Sharon