Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many UFO's do you have? >

How many UFO's do you have?

How many UFO's do you have?

Old 02-26-2011, 07:24 PM

I'm so glad I'm not alone with all the UFO's. I feel right at home here.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:30 PM

I feel better now - 52?!?!?! I have 4 and I was feeling bad about that because I really want to start a new quilt, but I have to sandwich and quilt these others that I have pieced and ready to go! I did go to Joanne's today and did NOT buy any fabric. That is amazing for me! They had a bunch of templates on clearance that I use for handquilting, so I got several of those.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:45 PM

I have two to go on the long arm, after I get enough practice time in. There is one WIP that the blocks are cut for. One needs binding that I hand quilted. Prom is coming so lately I've been sewing straps on gowns, letting hems out of gowns, taking in side seams on gowns etc. My DD volunteers me to do all the work that her girlfriends need done. I don't really mind though. Then DH sees me working on clothing and brings me a pile of old farm jackets that need new zippers. Sigh. Oh well, it'll all get done. Once I'm caught up again, I won't have any UFO's or WIP's and I'm planning to start on a couple of log cabins, maybe in denim.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by burrus05
New to site. UFO's??? Is that "unfinished ???
Thanks
burrus05
Yup, unfinished objects. Welcome!
Old 02-26-2011, 08:23 PM

At last count, I had over 100! That includes about 32 quilt tops that are waiting to be quilted, about 28 in various stages of piecing, about 35 purses and totes that are cut out, some partially sewn, 4 placemats, 2 table runners, and a tree skirt! This does not include 5 kits, the 4 WIPs I'm working on, and the tub of scarves and shawls I'm working on. I've been working hard on my UFOs for the last three years, but since I sew faster than I can quilt, they just seem to move from one list to another one! LOL
Old 02-26-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pamela Artman
At last count, I had over 100! That includes about 32 quilt tops that are waiting to be quilted, about 28 in various stages of piecing, about 35 purses and totes that are cut out, some partially sewn, 4 placemats, 2 table runners, and a tree skirt! This does not include 5 kits, the 4 WIPs I'm working on, and the tub of scarves and shawls I'm working on. I've been working hard on my UFOs for the last three years, but since I sew faster than I can quilt, they just seem to move from one list to another one! LOL
I think we have a winner.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:49 PM

My problem is that I take a class and then take the UFO home to finish. If I take too many classes close together, I end up with boxes each containing a single UFO. Happily, I promised myself that before I start any new quilts, I would finish what I had started and I'm doing very well with that. I only have one quilt and a handbag to finish. This effort is making me feel more relaxed, knowing that I'm back in control.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:06 PM

bunches and bunches and bunches.........gina
Old 02-26-2011, 11:17 PM

I probably have about 20 but I haven't actually counted them lately. I keep telling myself that I will finally finish them after I retire in June. I blame all the great new projects that I see and can't wait to start on.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:24 PM

I probably have about 10--but the good news is, that I'm getting a bunch of those tops ready to send to Charisma for quilting! We got a nice refund from our income tax return, and with a little time to prepare the backings, I'll have them ready to head out the door. Can't wait to get them back, as I love to do binding and then they will be done!!!