Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pass On The Best Idea You've Had While Quilting >

Pass On The Best Idea You've Had While Quilting

Pass On The Best Idea You've Had While Quilting

Old 02-27-2011, 07:02 AM

this looks like a great "tool" everything in one package...
I have a roll cart for machine and I use the snap together storage containers for supplies. best thing I did was create a traveling supply kit that doesn't get used at home so I have what I need when get to a retreat or class. If you take classes do yourself a favor and create one.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:10 AM

walk away when you get frustrated and come back later to work on it
Old 02-27-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by lisalisa
Another good one I picked up was: keeping band aids next to your sewing machine so when you cut or prick yourself you can bandage it up and be on your way without a hiccup.
From experience, and tips, I have found the only way to really remove blood from anything, is to use your own saliva....it has the same enzymes as your blood. Sure works for me.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:26 AM

You guys are absolutely awesome!!!!! Thanks for all the tips
Old 02-27-2011, 07:32 AM

I also use a very large weekley pil container for keeping pacages of sewing machine needles. this is in my travel case for classes and I can put a needle back into the container after a small amount of usage and know I used it but is still good and know what it is.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by skjack
I also use a very large weekley pil container for keeping pacages of sewing machine needles. this is in my travel case for classes and I can put a needle back into the container after a small amount of usage and know I used it but is still good and know what it is.
I do the same thing, except I put a red button in the compartment that contains the current needle I'm using. I never have to remember what size is in the machine and when I change to a different needle I just move the red button to the new slot.
Shirlm
Old 02-27-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by humbird
Pizza place in my speed dial..........home delivery.
I use the pizza boxes for projects a 12" block will lay flat in it. take pizza out of box immediately or can get new ones at pizza places thsy stack nicely.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:15 AM

I could never get the scant thing right. My needle is not adjustable and measuring and marking the point did not work. The sticky note thing didn't work either because that point for my machine is way under the presser foot.

I then realized that the last track(?) on the feet dog acts as a perfect scant guide and I've been making my blocks the perfect size every since.
:thumbup: ".... the last track(?) on the feet dog acts as a perfect scant guide" This works for me. Tried using post pad and moleskin taped to machine and they both just "got in my way" ...
Old 02-27-2011, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cottage Dee
Another good one I picked up was: keeping band aids next to your sewing machine so when you cut or prick yourself you can bandage it up and be on your way without a hiccup.
From experience, and tips, I have found the only way to really remove blood from anything, is to use your own saliva....it has the same enzymes as your blood. Sure works for me.
What about someone else's blood? Twice I've gone to my stash in the past month, only to find small bloodstains on my fabric. I don't think it would be wise to try to clean someone else's blood with my own saliva, but I'll remember this for my own blood.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:25 AM

Well, I have read all the hints up to this point.......I am sure there will be more later! Lots and lots of great ideas! Thanks to all who posted!