Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Lefty quilters needed >

Lefty quilters needed

Lefty quilters needed

Old 02-27-2011, 09:14 AM

Why does everyone think left handed is any different than right handed I am left handed and quilt the same as everyone else the only difference might be that I pin with my left hand lol.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:25 AM

I'm a lefty
Lisa
Old 02-27-2011, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rabs
I am ambidextrous... only thing I have noticed is when cutting I switch hands without even noticing. One of my friends was watching and asked me how I do that! Nice thing is that it doesn't matter where I am placed in a room, I can cut anywhere.

Welcome to the board, I have learned so much since I joined!
I am ambidextrous also....only thing I noticed is that I have to stop and think when cutting. I tend to set it up for a lefty then try to cut as a righty. I also have learned so much since I have joined this group.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:28 PM

Hi and welcome... I am a leftie and have had to adjust to the right handed world all my life. My mom and aunt, her sister, tried to teach me to crochet and knit , but I struggled so I have stuck with the sewing.... I love to quilt and the one thing I would love to see is a cutting board for lefties ... it is backwards but I do adjust.... I have left handed scissors and guard them with my life! I truly think there ought to be left-handed scissors in all of the choices and styles out their, and not be charged a higher price!! We are just born to be left-handed cant help it....
I made a quilt from the Flats from Fats book and the directions in there are also for a left handed quilter... that was such a pleasure to see the cutting directions for left handed!!!!! was a breeze!!
I just might PM you and would love to interview!!!
PB :-) :P
Old 02-27-2011, 01:33 PM

I'm also lefty, but haven't had any real problems with it.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:41 PM

I am a lefty who cuts with right handed scissors also, because there were no lefty scissors when I started school...but I use them right handed because that's what the teacher expected. I also use my cutter with either hand, which I never thought much about until a friend pointed it out. Everything else is totally lefty and agree with Mammaw Susan that we just go in the opposite direction.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:36 PM

I had no idea that there were left handed scissors. Don`t ask me where I have been but i live in a small community and have limited shopping available.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:37 PM

The right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, so only left-handed people are in their right minds!! :-)
Old 02-27-2011, 04:00 PM

Alex Anderson has a book out about handquilting. She is left handed and using both left hand and right hand are illustrated. She also has an applique book which I own but haven't looked at it very close since it is new. She might have instructions for both hands!
Old 02-27-2011, 04:11 PM

I had nuns as well who tried to change my hand.Why???