Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm needing a hug >

I'm needing a hug

I'm needing a hug

Old 02-28-2011, 11:48 AM

You have a beautiful quilt. And don't mind that "old" man. He probably doesn't have a clue as to the time, effort and thought that goes into making any quilt. He probably follows his wife around in the grocery store taking everything out of the basket that she puts in and they end up buying only what "he" figures is needed.
Enjoy your gorgeous quilt.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:48 AM

You're quilt is beautiful!! You should have said... "techniques have changed, how many quilts did YOU make in your day???"
Some people need to learn to keep their opinions to themselves.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:58 AM

This is beautiful and the man was just older and maybe missing old times don't take it to heart.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:07 PM

I guess I would have said to him. "Oh, How many quilts have you made? I sure would like to see them."

He's just a grumpy old man... Maybe his wife and mother made them and he was just missing her.

For goodness sake - don't take it personal. We're not living in the dark ages anymore and we like things that look as pretty as the one you made. You really did a beautiful job and he can put his comments where the sun don't shine.

Too bad his mom and wife didn't teach him any manners...JMHO
Old 02-28-2011, 12:09 PM

Here is a great big HUG from Utah. Your quilt is beautiful and I'm sure every person on this board would love to have the skill you used in making it. The machine quilting on it is absolute perfection. If I could do just one of your feathered wreaths, I'd be happy for the rest of my life. Let's give the old fart the benefit of the doubt and say he was at the doctor for a reason, say . . having his nasty temperment removed.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:11 PM

I feel for you, but don't let him discourage you. If his mother had had new material available she would have used it too!
Old 02-28-2011, 12:18 PM

Some people are just miserable - it is not your problem, it is theirs. He was probably just jealous :)
Old 02-28-2011, 12:24 PM

Long time ago quilts were made for function not beauty as we do today. I know people saved every patch of fabric they could find to make them to keep the family warm. Aren't we lucky that we have the joy & priviliage of beautiful fresh new fabric to make what ever we want.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:26 PM

here's a great big teddy bear hug to you! people like that should remember things like 'speak when you are spoken to' or 'if you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all' what a small, small man. your work is absolutely wonderful and given a different situation, you would have many jealous onlookers. great job
Old 02-28-2011, 12:28 PM

Your quilt is awesome!! I wonder how many quilts Mr. Grumpy has personally made? Ignore him and his worthless opinion. Did you stick him with a pin on your way out? LOL