Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011 >

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

Old 02-28-2011, 10:54 AM

Waiting patiently for the March house - wonder what it will be. March means leprechauns, leprechauns live in Ireland, Irish houses can be thatched roofs or castles or ...

In March winds blow, kites are flown in the wind, the ocean 'eats' kites, lighthouses are found in the ocean...
Old 02-28-2011, 11:36 AM

I am using the same sky fabric in all the blocks. I have several "Grass" fabrics I'll also use. While waiting for the March block, I have been collecting shingles, stone, and wood fabric.[/quote]

Isn't it amazing how many designs of fabric are out there? I never payed attention to "landscape" fabric before this. Now I am like a woman possessed! Can't wait until tomorrow for the new block (I have to finish my ugly star tonight. Should have went with my first choice of fabrics)
Old 02-28-2011, 12:11 PM

I wanted all my sky to be the same but I started with scraps and no surprise, I went back to the store and the web site and that fabric isn't there anymore. Been a couple of years in the scrap pile after all. So I will have different skys and grasses after all.

These are challenging because I have never done BOM or PP before but I have done the first two blocks. This project is stretching me to learn and I like that. Having so many people doing the same project is encouraging. So neat to see the variations. Can't wait until tomorrow and the new block!
Old 02-28-2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by inemmausinn
I wanted all my sky to be the same but I started with scraps and no surprise, I went back to the store and the web site and that fabric isn't there anymore. Been a couple of years in the scrap pile after all. So I will have different skys and grasses after all.

These are challenging because I have never done BOM or PP before but I have done the first two blocks. This project is stretching me to learn and I like that. Having so many people doing the same project is encouraging. So neat to see the variations. Can't wait until tomorrow and the new block!
If your sky will be different colors, an idea would be to have a progression from sunrise or toward sunset. That could create interest and variation in the quilt.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:19 PM

Since there are going to be 12 blocks, I was also thinking about giving each block a month of the year. Skys, trees, etc. would be a little different.
Jean
Old 02-28-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by jeafro12305
Since there are going to be 12 blocks, I was also thinking about giving each block a month of the year. Skys, trees, etc. would be a little different.
Jean
What a great idea!!! I already have two "springs" !!!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:18 PM

So if you really wanted to you can make this a calendar quilt!
Old 02-28-2011, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by mommamac
Waiting patiently for the March house - wonder what it will be. March means leprechauns, leprechauns live in Ireland, Irish houses can be thatched roofs or castles or ...

In March winds blow, kites are flown in the wind, the ocean 'eats' kites, lighthouses are found in the ocean...
I am not being patient, I am like someone else said, skittering around, just sure that it has been posted and I just can't find it. How nuts! Then it will probably be the end of March before I get it done...again.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:56 PM

I think you are very normal ( at least I hope so ) cuz I am doing the exact same thing .....lol Sure am loving this group and the talant is amazing !
Old 02-28-2011, 07:59 PM

Just finished my Star BOM, and strumming my fingers for the the next House BOM, maybe we need to start a support group.lol
Tulip