Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm needing a hug >

I'm needing a hug

I'm needing a hug

Old 02-28-2011, 05:36 PM

And you let him have this power of you WHY? He obviously is not only rude but very ignorant of what goes into a quilt and who made him the authority? GRRRRRRRRRRRR can you tell I am angry???? lol Your quilt if gorgeous....looks like lots of love was sewn with every stitch and the fabrics are lovely and well=chosen.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:36 PM

Hugs, hugs you do very good work dear
Old 02-28-2011, 05:37 PM

I'm sorry he hurt your feelings. People can be so rude. My family (the sis-in-laws) used to kinda make fun of my quilting. Now that I have made some for the in-law parents and the nieces and nephews, they are realizing it is an art and are a little envious. Your quilt is beautiful and don't let one person let you think it's less than that. Hugs!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:39 PM

We used to take photos from a brownie and develop them in a dark room. Editing was very difficult. Now we do it digitally and edit with software. The photos are more beautiful and take a certain talent to edit and they serve the same purpose. Quilts take a talented person to create it no matter how they are created; it is an art. Some people are just rude and can't see past their nose. Don't let it bother you. He probably has never created one himself! LOL!
Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
Several days ago I was waiting for my husband in a doctor's office, hand binding a quilt I had quilted on my quilting machine. This older man came in, sat down across the waiting room from me and kept watching what I was doing. After several minutes of looking at my quilt, he asked how long it had taken me to quilt it. This was a large full size which I had quilted double feathered wreaths on, so it took about 15 hours of quilting time. He grunted and made a comment about he bet the fabric was even new. Then he went into a loud and lenghty speach about how women these days don't know how to make a quilt. How they (quilts) should be made from scraps of clothing. Should never be made from new material. Should all be done by hand, etc. on and on. I really felt small. I finally folded my quilt and went to my car to wait on my husband.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:40 PM

Older people can be very opinionated. We let them speak their peace. They mean no harm.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Banned

What?? This is stunning, and that is just one man's opinion. You know the care and time it took, and above all, you have quilters here who UNDERSTAND the treasure that this quilt is to you and will be to your family! ***BIG HUG***
Old 02-28-2011, 05:43 PM

Hugs for you! Your quilt is gorgeous. Whether the fabric is new or old, the same blood, sweat, and tears goes into making it. Enjoy your lovely quilt!
Old 02-28-2011, 05:44 PM

The quilt is beautiful!!!!, and the man who criticized was no doubt wishing he could turn the clock back to match his memories and his upbringing. Although I did not hear the conversation and the intonation, I think people get scared when they get old, but taking it out on someone else and trying to make them feel inferior is not very endearing. Never mind what he said - this is 2011, not the 1930's. Times change, but people don't always do the same. You should be very proud of your accomplishment.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:47 PM

What a sad & grumpy man! Shame on him!!!

You should be very PROUD of your quilt!! It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!

You deserve a HUGE HUG just for bein' YOU!!! So consider yourself HUGGED!!!

Remember too....YOU ARE SPECIAL!!! :)
Old 02-28-2011, 05:50 PM

Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous. Let the old man have his opinions. We all know the saying about opinions. :D
That is one of my favorite quilts and it's funny because I just copied the pattern off this afternoon. I'm taking this post an inspiration to start the quilt I love.
(((((((HUGS)))))))