Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-01-2011, 07:57 AM
Banned

Today is the 1st so weigh yourself and write it down........you don't have to tell us your weight but you could if you want to.

I am starting at 178.......when I started the challenge months ago I weighed 209 so weight loss can be done. I didn't lose as much as others however it is still a 30 lb loss. I have 30 -35 more to go. I will again measure myself, I only do my waist. If you do that you can see you might not be losing weight but inches. Muscle weighs more then fat. It gave me the insentive to continue to stick with my diet and exercise. When I started my waist measured 42" it is now 38".

I do pilates as exercise. I have a balance disorder and pilates could be done in bed. There is NO excuse as to not exercise. I started out slow but I am up to exercising twice a day for 20-25 minutes. If you want info on pilates let me know.

Today is a new months and the start of a new you. If you start with the attitude that you WILL do this you will.
Have fun!!!!!!!!!

Missy, Carrie and all the oldies PLEASE, I REPEAT PLEASE be on your best behavior as to not frighten the newbies. Give them at least 4 days before your craziness comes out. I hate to always have to scold you for your behavior. I just don't understand how you all can not control yourself. Have I not taught you anything about self control. Look how good I am!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:57 AM

I"m give it a shot..... what have I got to lose???? but wt and gain some FQ!!!
I need instructions on HOW to do this tho.... I'll con't to read the other 7+ pages of posts... see if I discover any answers...
Old 03-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Blah, blah, blah!!!!!! :-).
Old 03-01-2011, 08:18 AM

I love water... even drink a few " flavored water" or "kool aide" for variety... but I do like my Diet Mt Dew.. once or twice a day.( not for the low cal status.. I dont much care for "real" sodas because they seem so Sweet to me.....)
But I too am a nurse, and have never heard of the cabination theory.... I've had several friends that have had the lapband/ gastric surg.. and as far as I know , no Dr. has ever told them this..... interesting...

hmmmm I tend to forget my Diet Mt Dew until it id dead of carbination....think it still is stretching my stomach out???.....that MUST be it!!

** HEY** can u be in this pool if u get lap band/gastric???? thats cheating!! I'll have no chance at all those FQ!!!!! J/K

OK OK>...... today is March1st..... todays wt is......YIKES!!!!!!187### how can that be????
oh I know... I went on that all u can eat cruise in Jan... and then there was that trip to "MOMs" with the all she can cook FRIED food marathon trip..... yep.. It's MOM's fault!

BTW...... I'm allergic to exercise..... smile

Good Luck to everyone!! I've got to go look for patterns to use all MY NEW FQ's in!!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:20 AM

The last little bit is the hardest to get off. I was 2 lbs from being overweight and now I stuck 15 lbs. to it. It is going to come back off! Gastric bypass is just a tool to help you get the weight off. It's the dieting that counts.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:23 AM

I would love to join in. I could use friends to diet with AND lots of chit chat LOL
Old 03-01-2011, 08:43 AM

Well this is my third month doing this and I have found 9 pounds! I have went years at my previous weight and hadn't gained anything, now I try to get motivated to loose some of it and I GAIN??? WTH? My goal was to loose most of my weight and be healthier and in better shape by the time I turned 50. I have 1 year and 3 months left to do that in. I just think how much of a dent I could have put into that number in those 2 months if I would just pull my head out!!! Judging by the way I have been feeling and not being able to stand my teenagers and husband I bet hormones are involved in the weight gain. If so then I really better get on the ball and change alot of things!
On a positive note I never really drink soda (diet or regular) it just makes me thirsty. I am more into Iced tea so I think thats is aleast a good thing. (as long as it is decaf. or I would be crawling the walls)Now if I could find out what to do about my chocolate addiction! Anyone have any good suggestions? :)
I think I really need to figure out the mental part of my weight. I know how to loose weight I just don't know how to make myself do it. If you think about it being fat doesn't help me in anyway and it sure doesn't fix all the a##h***s in my life. I am just keeping myself from being able to do things and have a full life! There now I am done with my whine and no I would not like some cheese to go with it.lol

I think the journal is a good idea. It would help me stay motivated. I am not sure what all I would put in it yet. I need to go back to last month and see who was showing us hers. She had alot of good ideas. I would be worried someone would find mine and read it though.
I also just want to thank Tru and all of the people on this thread. I may not have lost yet but I have never had any type of support group before and it has helped alot to see that everyone struggles with alot of the same issues in life and some alot more. So if they can be strong I sure should be able to be. I also think it helps to not try to do everything in life all by yourself!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:55 AM

Rita, I put some pages from my journal on last months thread. It is really helping me. Last night, after the kitchen was clean and I sat down to "rest", I journaled some thoughts, looked back over what I had put in the book the past few days, and it was helpful. It reiterated my goal of the book. We each have to find what works for us and this is helping me, just in the past few days. I have a long way to go, to reach goal, but I cannot and will not focus on my LONG range goal. I will take it day by day and be proud of my successes along the way.

Good luck~ Sandy
Old 03-01-2011, 08:57 AM

Okay, I found a great FREE motivation tool today.

https://www.justkeepmoving.com]https://www.justkeepmoving.com[/url]

They give you a pedometer, a dvd, and a lot of healthy hints. Sign up and get the freebies!

Myfitnesspal.com is also great for keeping a food and exercise diary, they even figure the calories for you. What I like is the positive statements, like, "If you continue on this trend, April 1st you will weigh..."

Today I weighed 264.5, down from original 302 when I started. 1200 calories a day and daily walks for 1/4 to 1/2 mile, as often as I can tolerate it.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:04 AM

Rita, what I have found to be helpful for me, especially to help identify the trigger that makes me eat when not necessary. It allowed me to see what it was, and then I would attempt to not react or feed myself for comfort to sooth the stress that triggered it. Just thought I would share what has helped me.